20 coaches online • Server time: 07:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to have this feature in the FBB client?
Yes, I think putting markers on certain players would improve my game.
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
I dont mind this feature. But I dont think I will utilize it.
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
No, I just love to hear: "Ooops, I missed that guard" from you.
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Use PIE. I use PIE to mark the players, too. I love to smear it all over the screen when they move.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

MxFr

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

After reading that coaches use customized icons for their players to distinguish these with special abilities, I thought to myself that would be nice to put some kind of marker to players in the client.

I envision something like doing a CTRL+Shift+LMB-Click to a player and then pressing a letter(or just a number from 0-9) key and for the rest for the match the client displays that letter/number in the lower left of the player icon. Another option would be a little square like the block dice indicator. Also displayed in the lower left and a handful of colors to display.

This would come often handy so you don't have to check where these opponents players with the pesky stats or skills are. No more missing that Guard, Tackle or Shadowing player, just mark them and you don't have to regularly check every skill on the players before doing a action.

I'm also well aware that these kinds of features are something that is no priority right now and if it ever gets implemented that will be in the far future.
On1

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm a bit like raiding in WoW Razz...

It's not a bad idea.
Ravenmore

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a hamsters attention span and make a "ZOMG, he has GUARD?" or "Wait...where's my DP?" type of mistake almost every game.
In the JavaBB client I used customized icons with small coloured dots in corners to indicate skills on key players - that helped my game tons(Imagine my CR without that...). If anything similar would be implemented in FBB I would be forever grateful!
JuggyBC

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Imo we should not encourage people to become mindless zombies.

The program should provide an environment to play BB and not provide strategy or other things to make it easier.

Regarding the WoW reference, this is exactly why I stopped playing wow. Blizzard kept adding thing to make it easier for everyone, this lead to a point that every class just spams a couple of buttons and there is almost no skill involved anymore.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that would be nice, would be to use the old colorcodes for the various positions.

Red for blitzers, yellow for catchers, etc.
birdbanger

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

How about player´s icons change when player levels up. Would be nice and lots of work.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see the old yellow and white dots to indicate take root and no tacklezone.

I think the option to toggle a green, red, or blue star on players would be quite helpful. It would let you mark out all the guards (I know that alot of people have trouble keeping track of guard) as well as pick out various abnormal or dangerous players. At the moment unique icons will only really help you identify players on your own team.

The ability to pick out guard and special players would speed up play.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Deng_Ham

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking adding players numbers to the icon. And then changing the background of the number to mark them as guards/dangdures/target and so on. The same with own players, to help keep track.

Jump to: