56 coaches online • Server time: 23:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure if this is an area which could be covered by someone other than Kalimar, but I wonder if a large pitch is planned for LRB 6?

I have been helping a little with the LRB 6 Beta testing, but the size of the pitch is not very comfortable on my screen / PC.

Of course, there is always the hope someone will tell me where I can just change a setting, but I get the feeling it will not be that simple.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

When I did play the old client I used the large pitch, but now using Kalimar's client I am quite happy with the smaller size. I actually find the smaller icon set better for distinguishing players as (IMO) the large icons were not thought out very well for poses (to represent position) and the quality is lacking for the larger size.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
When I did play the old client I used the large pitch, but now using Kalimar's client I am quite happy with the smaller size. I actually find the smaller icon set better for distinguishing players as (IMO) the large icons were not thought out very well for poses (to represent position) and the quality is lacking for the larger size.

I agree. Having bad eyesight, I find the normal size icons more distinguishable than the larger set. That doesn't mean I don't want a bigger size pitch, but icons need to be reworked.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

in my opinion lots of the large icons are not only difficult for distinguishing players, but also really ugly - while the small pitch has small but awesome icons.
Markela

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Not only would a larger pitch be welcome but also a pitch where the dugout were shown and not the annoying curtains and perhaps a different design on where it shows the player pictutes, block dice etc.

1080p is the minimum resolution isnt it ?
Who wouldnt want to run this in the HD tv Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
That doesn't mean I don't want a bigger size pitch, but icons need to be reworked.

Exactly, and the amount of work is not trivial. I think the entire set would need a redo. I started on some new ones a while back and it would be very labour intensive to redo all the players and positions.
 Jump to: