46 coaches online • Server time: 13:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2010 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Unstoffe: I'll be using one of the cheaper hybrids from the CBoardman range. Cant remember the name off the top of my head.

Purplegoo wrote:
I'll stump up tonight, promise.

Thanks for the donation. I picked on you because I needed an excuse to bump the thread for activity in different hours of the day.... oh look Wink

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2010 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

impressive to go so far on a bike for abit of bb. salute to you mate.

time to derail the thread abit. 2weeks ago a guy in sweden did the swedish classic with a twist. to do a swedish classic you have to do 4 things during a year. you have to Vasaloppet, thats 90km on skies. you have to do Vätternrundan, 300km on a bike. vansbrosimmet, swim 10k in damn cold water so you have to use a drysuit during the time. and then to end it you run Lidingöloppet, 23km of running in rather nasty terrain.
now for the twist that this guy did. he did all of these things during 24hours. he had a helicopter that took him between the diferent start and goals of each race. he said after he done all these things that the worst part of it was the flights inbetween, he had cramps all over during that time.

so here is the challange for you Sillysod. come to Sweden and do a swedish classic and become a legend;)

sorry for my bad english
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2010 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

does anyone know if he made it? have text him but no reply! (altho he is notoriously bad at replying)
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2010 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently '5 hours to London. 6 hours lost in London. Then train.'

So kind of. Smile

No doubt a splendid effort.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2010 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, thats epic!!!

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2010 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Just got back Smile

Purplegoo wrote:
Apparently '5 hours to London. 6 hours lost in London. Then train.'

So kind of. Smile

No doubt a splendid effort.

Pretty much.

Two hours after the train too (sudbury -> stowmarket) but it got too dark to do any more and I'd arrived at my final destination. Really irritated about London because I was going pretty strong up until then Confused Sad ..... next time Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2010 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

still, an awesome effort Smile
 Jump to: