22 coaches online • Server time: 05:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Whaddya think?
Good Idea but I won't be playing in the Box anyway
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Good Idea but I would play in the Box anyway
14%
 14%  [ 11 ]
Good Idea and will significantly increase the chance/frequency of my playing in the Box
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Bad Idea but I don't like the Box anyway
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Bad Idea but I'd play anyway
29%
 29%  [ 22 ]
This would put me off from playing in the Box
25%
 25%  [ 19 ]
Banoffee Pie -there's fruit so it's health food!
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 75

freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Koadah, you have played 1 game in the box in 18 months, and that was over 6 months ago. Is it actually possible to make you less likely to play in the box?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
Koadah, you have played 1 game in the box in 18 months, and that was over 6 months ago. Is it actually possible to make you less likely to play in the box?

[B] has not been running LRB6 for any of those 18 months.

Feel free to assume that anything I say about [B] refers to FFB [B].

So, we're both even on zero games. Wink

Less likely to play is not quite the same as likely to play less.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough. Beyond the time limit is there anything else that would encourage you to play the new ruleset in the box? It would be good to get the views of someone who isn't a box regular.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Koadah summed it up at the bottom of page 2.

I can get all the games I want with no waiting in Ranked just by putting my Human team up to play(unless I show up at the wrong time periods). I realize some top coaches can't do that because some people are afraid to play them. But I dont have that problem.

I'm a 150-155 coach that typically plays Humans, Norse and Orcs these days and have just started getting into developing a Chaos team. My Orcs have a tough time getting games sometimes but those other 3 have no trouble (though to be fair my Chaos haven't rolled any doubles yet THE CLAW). By playing in every Ranked tournament I can and having take on all comers types of teams I get all the variety I need.

I typically don't play in the Box for one because I like team building and getting a chance to recover a team against another team that is beat down when it's needed. But also because I cannot get as much diversity from the Box as I can get from Ranked. I also can't tailor my Ranked teams for the various tournaments available.

LRB6 and the free Linos to fill out your roster might make Box better for diversity. But as it is right it is full of nothing but Ogres, Khemri, Dwarves, CD's, & Orcs whenever I get on it. Since those teams are also the only ones I can ALWAYS find on Ranked there is no reason for me to play in the Box. It isn't fun recreating a team after the one you just built gets blasted and then becomes Ogre bait due to the way the scheduler works.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:
If my Humans want to play Bashers I can find that 24 hours a day in Ranked. That gives me no reason to play Humans in Box. I get more variety in Ranked than Box can currently provide.

You are forgetting the respect you earn in [B] when coaching a non-basher team Razz

I don't want or need your respect or anyone else's.
I am here for me because I want to be here respected or not.
When/If I get bored with Blood Bowl I will go away.
Until then I could really care less about any honors bestowed on people for what they do here on Fumbbl.
The only honors I crave are individual wins and tournament titles (which I don't win).
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

aw, catalyst, we love you anyways....

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
On1 wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:
If my Humans want to play Bashers I can find that 24 hours a day in Ranked. That gives me no reason to play Humans in Box. I get more variety in Ranked than Box can currently provide.

You are forgetting the respect you earn in [B] when coaching a non-basher team Razz

I don't want or need your respect or anyone else's.
I am here for me because I want to be here respected or not.
When/If I get bored with Blood Bowl I will go away.
Until then I could really care less about any honors bestowed on people for what they do here on Fumbbl.
The only honors I crave are individual wins and tournament titles (which I don't win).

You are such a carebear...
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

in [B]ox, you play all coaches...all team races

period.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Box is not faction. it's the second biggest division on fumbbl.

It actually is the 4th biggest...after 1. Ranked, 2. League and 3. Fantasy Football.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=games&type=week
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the box has been suffering lately...
On1

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't League seperated into different divisions?

Well i stopped playing box to help test the new client... I'm guessing others did the same.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, a lot of the FBB testers are box regulars, i think it is due to the want for the new ruleset in the box, so we are more intent on getting it implemented.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem is that the box needs a certain critical mass to work. When it gets below '4 coaches found' it just dies.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2010 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

..especially true when people schlump off to R as soon as one scheduling fails.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2010 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

minor thread necro... poor

Jump to: