35 coaches online • Server time: 15:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

that's what i said. That is, why displaying gained skills would be a great advantage - they are part of the game!
clarkin

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

plus with a delay of say 0.5 sec before showing it wouldn't trigger as you move across a load of players. I'm in favour of it.
uzkulak

Post 14 Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

When all players are in a big huddle in the middle it will surely easy to hover over the wrong player anyway. or have the wrong player stats displayed if there is a small lag.

Plus IMO this change would make the game too easy. Already I have reservations about the fact the client tells you how many block dice you would roll before you made the decision to block - or what you would need to roll to make that dodge or pass roll. Surely understanding these things is what good coaching is about. If anything we should have fewer coach aids in the client, not more.

Edit: Garion expressed what I wished to say far more clearly below. Smile

Last edited by uzkulak on %b %13, %2010 - %15:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand your counter argument really, I am using diving tackle as an example there are many others I could use such as blitzing players with +st stat increases dodging away from players with a tail or tents. I am just saying that I would prefer these things to be left alone. Remembering that players have certain skills etc … is an important part of the game, and these sorts of additions are taking away some of the skill in defending. If a player does not notice you have put a diving tackle player next to someone then more fool them.
I really like the new client don’t get me wrong but personally I don't like the way the rolls are shown on the new client either as you should be able to work it out for yourself, both for dodging and blocking. The same with the movement - it stops you moving through tackle zones in error. None of these things should ever really happen if a coach is trying his/her hardest but it does happen both in the lrb4 client and on table top - and all of these little extras are making the game a little easier to play yes but they are also making it harder for people to make really stupid moves and make stupid blocks all of which are things that coaches should be working out for themselves before making their actions.
This is just my opinion and I don’t expect everyone to agree - all I am trying to say is that the more of these little prompts etc that are added to speed things up; the less coaches have to do and think for them selves.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no counterargument, because there was no argument Wink
At this moment, the player stats are shown, if you hover a player's icon. They are shown beside the field itself. I just wanted to improve this by showing them there, were you need them -> beside the player.
I don't want to display the zones around a DT player in purple, while one player is moving, i don't want the Disturbing Presence zones be shown during a pass, i don't want to show Shadowing during moves or Pass Block during passes, i don't want to highlight a player, that may tentacle you on a dodge or a player that has less av and should be blitzed therefor. I just want to show the player stats as an option besides the player itself and not besides the field.
The coach has to see and remember everything by himself.

Greets,
gan
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a fair point, I guess I'm just not infavour of anything that makes life easier for the lazy player lol

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, it would be very nice, if during e.g. an Academy game all those things above would be displayed (ok, the less av thing should not), because coaches try to learn something in such a game.
And the thing with the block dice: During a major those informations might be turned off, so that no additional information is available for the coaches.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresch wrote:
By the way, it would be very nice, if during e.g. an Academy game all those things above would be displayed (ok, the less av thing should not), because coaches try to learn something in such a game.
And the thing with the block dice: During a major those informations might be turned off, so that no additional information is available for the coaches.

I was thinking the same and completely agree, all these helpful prompts should be kept for academy. Though I don't think they should only be turned off for majors I think they should be off for ranked and box too and for league it should obviously remain optional.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

At this point, the old client shows you, how many dice you have. But perhaps you could differ between the divisions and the majors.
Academy: Show all additional information
League/Stunty/Ranked: Show block dice
Major: No additional information

This would be quite nice and it would be even nicer, if the things would be available for specs, not depending on the game, that is played. Wink
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't like it. Too cluttered and pop-ups all over the place as I move my mouse over the field would be annoying.

Stick with the sidebar stats. We already make it very easy to remember your opponents stats versus TT.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember the optional thing about this. You can mark "Enable player stats feature" or you let it go.
In the client there is a big difference to TT. In TT you can ask your opo, what the stats of this and this and that player are. A client over web needs different options, just because the other coach can't see, what player i am pointing at Wink
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like it, when you will declare a block, that will be placed over potential helpers of the block, so i will have to move my mouse back and forward a lot to see whats really under it.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

another option on the behavior:
What about, the player info pops up, only if you hit a square with (let's say) Ctrl+Left mouse button? Then it only appears, when you wish it to and you can easily get the stats of one certain player, but not for all of the players you move the mouse over. The thing with the 0,2s or 0,5s to close the window would still be active (in case you leave the square with the mouse), or you just click on the the window to close it faster.
What do you think?

Greets,
gan
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

and how would pressing ctrl+mouse be faster than looking at the side of the screen when holding the mouse over that player?
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

it is (at least for me), because i know what my fingers are doing on the keyboard without looking at it. Therefor i do not have to take my eyes off the field to gain such an information, which makes me play faster and offers a great comfort.
 Jump to: