44 coaches online • Server time: 20:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2010 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Kalimar,

I was just wondering if it was possible to have the client workable completely mouse free?

I know that the old client had shortcut keys for the type of action selected and movement could be achieved via the numberpad but as far as I know the only way to select a player was to mouse click.

This is just an idea and in no way meant as a negative, your client looks and feels fantastic.

Thanks for everything you have done so far.

Take care Dalfort.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2010 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, once the game-altering stuff is squared away, I'd love to see some of that as well. I get occasional mouse issues with optical mice jumping a bit in location, and having to click on a player before I can end his move scares the hell outta me (it's like playing Minesweeper, with one safe spot and 1 to 8 "death spots" around him).

I'm fine with most everything else. A couple misclick-saving hotkeys would be great though.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2010 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

under the help menu in FFB, you can read the shortcuts for the program.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2010 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
under the help menu in FFB, you can read the shortcuts for the program.

I've tried them. They don't appear to be implemented. They certainly don't work without having to click on the player first (even when the player is already active), which is the real issue to me.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2010 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

They are implemented. it might be so that you need to press ctrl while pressing the Keys.
There have been threads in the forum previously talking about this and for me i know i have used ctrl+e to end a players move.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2010 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried with and without control, and neither works.

Maybe this should turn into a bug report?

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Eddy

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2010 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Bug or not, being able to select a player (using its number?) and play completely without a mouse would be very, very nice. And possibly fast, once you've got the hang of it.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i am not sure if a single button then input the number would have to be implemented as the possibility of 16 players obviously requires 16 keys....

My request comes from the fact my PC is in the living room and my mouse clicking really (no REALLY) annoys her, so to be able to drive the client from the keyboard would enable me to play more Smile

thanks for your comments, I wasnt sure if I was just being totally selfish in wanting this feature Smile