18 coaches online • Server time: 07:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't dropped, but had an opponent drop 5 or 6 times the other night.

Not on Vista and have the latest Java.

Maybe the server timeout period could be extended somehow? I have no clue how it works...
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

thats the link to the same post from three days ago and yes it happend to me too and yes i use vista...

on a sidenote I am incredibly satisfied with new system vvhere disconnects have no consequences... and i don't mind that issue at all.
Cevap

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The same thing happened to me several times, and I wouldn't mind it either if it wouldn't happen 5-6 times per game. I use XP
Sixletters

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2010 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage that is not a post from 3 days ago it is necromancy by sneaky fox, original post from june and was unreplied until ressurected

This is not a bug report, i made that under the proper bug report system a month ago, i just wanted to see how widespread this bug is considering what it can look like to the opponent, disconnecting more than six times per match is suspicous.

The indefinite proxy does help alot, my enemys always have the patience even if it becomes perpetual
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2010 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be of no little help to me if those of you who experience such problems would activate their Java Console (you can do this in the Java Preferences) and see if anything comes up there when the randomn disconnects happen. A reported exception would be a start to work on a fix for this.
Maverick13

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2010 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

will try this while playing tonight << although taking bets on not having one auto close now Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2010 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Closed last night after selecting inducements. No issues when I turned the firewall off. Probably not related as I can spec matches with the firewall on.

If someone can explain to me how the java console works, I can check what it says about it.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2010 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

for srs? it's the top option from googling 'open java console'

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/javaconsole.xml
Maverick13

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2010 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

lol had 3 games last night - elves took a pasting and no disconnections typical will try on lappy tonight

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2010 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

XZCion wrote:
for srs? it's the top option from googling 'open java console'

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/javaconsole.xml

I said how to use it. Not how to start it. Slight difference.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2010 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

FFB somewhat regularily kicks me out, ubuntu, vista and 7 with latest javas. Speccing and playing, speccing some 2-4 times and playing 1-2 times per game. I've attributed this to the really poor 3g mobile modem I'm forced to use, thinking that it might timeout for some reason. Haven't yet tried with cable connection. Although, irc stays up despite ffb losing it, and mostly kick goes when someone is blitzing. Not sure about the last one, more a gut feeling there.
SneakyFox

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2010 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Spesialisti wrote:
FFB somewhat regularily kicks me out, ubuntu, vista and 7 with latest javas. Speccing and playing, speccing some 2-4 times and playing 1-2 times per game. I've attributed this to the really poor 3g mobile modem I'm forced to use, thinking that it might timeout for some reason. Haven't yet tried with cable connection. Although, irc stays up despite ffb losing it, and mostly kick goes when someone is blitzing. Not sure about the last one, more a gut feeling there.

Yea, I use a slow 3G mobile internet too. I suppose that could be the reason but my internet connection never died during playing, even if there was noticeable lag in my last game.

If the connection is the issue, then I guess the problem is more likely to be in the client code or the site that somehow throws you out for too little activity, although it's just a slow connection.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2010 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The console from advance java options is wondow specific, when the window closes the console does swell and consoles on other java windows or new windows dont show an error message

Is there some way to recover this information?
 Jump to: