47 coaches online • Server time: 19:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2003 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle must currently be declared before the dodge roll is made. Has there been any though on moving this to after the dodge roll per the LRB?
Emmers

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2003 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

as per LRB.
...Place the player using this skill prone in the square vacated by the dodging playe, but do not make an Armour or Injury roll for them. The opposing player must then subtract -2 from his Dodge roll for leaving the player's tackle zone...

I would think that the skill description would supercede the rule that states you can use a skill after the roll.
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2003 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Emmers wrote:
as per LRB.
...Place the player using this skill prone in the square vacated by the dodging playe, but do not make an Armour or Injury roll for them. The opposing player must then subtract -2 from his Dodge roll for leaving the player's tackle zone...

I would think that the skill description would supercede the rule that states you can use a skill after the roll.

I can't see how this says you must choose before they roll. It simply says you can place them prone and then subtract two from thier roll. It does not mention when the roll takes place, after or before.
Surely there is some sort of official ruling on this and it would be good if someone could dig it up.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2003 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The official ruling is in the lrb. It says that all skils may be used after the die roll unless it specifically says otherwise in the skill description. The description of diving tackle says nothing about having to declare before the roll. Just like Piling On, it might be logical to have to declare it before the roll but that is not what is dictated by the rules.

The Finishing Touch
EgorKDie

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone notice the deliberate mistake?

Subtracting -2 from a roll actually adds 2 to the roll, making it easier for the player to dodge if you use diving tackle!!!

So pedantically... We're not actually following the LRB! Mr. Green

Maths explanation, "subtract" means minus, -2 = Dodge roll - (-2) as anyone will tell you the minuses cancel out leaving you with +2 to your roll!
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I asked Skijunkie about this 2-3 months ago I think. At the time he said it would require a lot of work and was thus lower priority than some of the other stuff he wanted to fix.
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2003 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I have noticed in the differences file. I think it was put in there this release.
 Jump to: