46 coaches online • Server time: 00:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

has anyone actually used the apoc on a K.O?
I just find it so annoying with the pop-up everytime a player is K.O. There is only 1 time i can see it being useful using the apoc here, to keep player on the pitch to block the ball being picked up, But thats it. Considering how many times a K.O occurs in a match and opponant is not at comp for whatever reason (door, smoke phone etc) it really is slowing down games i have found. Will this option continue to be offered or is it just a trial and error thing?
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll find when FFB goes 'live' and becomes the main competitive divison people will use it a lot more. Once tourneys, SMACKs, etc start using the FFB client then there will be times when my star Blitzer gets KO'ed in turn 1 and I want to keep him in the game.

I play a lot of tabletop and especially at tournaments my Apothecary is almost exclusively used to keep a skilled player on the field. Since the new rules came in and allowed Apo's on a KO, with it being an auto success it makes sense to keep your numbers even in a close game that is a must win situation (ie. playoff games, top of the league matches and all tourney games).

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I have done that several times. If I have multiple apo's I may likely use one to keep an important player on the field.

Also if an important game is really on the line, I will use even a solo apo on a KO.
RC

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

To apo a k.o is a tactical choice. The pop-up is fine.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you really play a lot of games vs. opponents who are consistently afk? It happened a few times in my ca.500 games, and it could help to ask them to concentrate a bit more on the game. If they dont do this, simply dont play such an opponent again.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll be honest i didn't think apoc was auto success. I thought was same as normal apoc, i.e re-roll injury. Thus the reason i thought was a silly option. So my apoligies to everyone for being completly stupid here and not fully aware of the new rules. Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I have done it quite a few times, to keep my best player on the pitch as Cribble said.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

its great
 Jump to: