93 coaches online • Server time: 22:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this something that can start now or is better to wait until the final switch?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

seeing as all the teams are going to get reset I would suggest waiting till the switch

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

By that time, you could get a full tourney done for fun though. So maybe not league but a tourney would be better to have said.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=436026#436026

To be fair, we're close, by all accounts. Just a little more patience, and we can kick off and fire on all cylinders.
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Doh! Alright then I guess. Smile

Are you going to run one goo? I'm thinking about bringing back my Diehard Tournament League.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2773[/url]

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt I'll run one, I play and run less these days.

It will be interesting to see how much uplift we get when the client lands. Much as I'd love to see a varied and fun [L] scene come back to the level it was at a couple of years ago, site traffic atm isn't large enough for much to survive outside of a closed league. Things like the DTL (this is in my opinion, of course) are too niche to swim in the current climate. I hope to be wrong / we get a large uplift!
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think once it's final and leagues can start up, it will improve as far as site traffic is concerned. I think we can steal some of the Cyanide players back. FUMBBL is way more like TT, then that crap and more appealing with the right promotion.

I play in a 44 man TT league and I know I can start a league up with 8-16 of the members from there on here. I haven't promoted it much on our forums until it is ready to go. I have pointed it out to rookie coaches though, who need more practice. It's more play-friendly then Cyanide without the fancy graphics taking up too much of the game itself. I think it's a great tool to learn the game on. I used to tell that to people when lrb 4 was current.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it's a graphics thing. I personally way prefer the cool graphics. But the player population is totally worthless. People have no incentive not to drop games, and I commonly have people drop games after using the apoth. Also because people are such babies on cyanide they almost never play anything but high armor bash teams.

It's a problem here sometimes that without the blackbox league people will sometimes cherry pick games, but no where near the extent it is over on the cyanide game.
duttydave

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2010 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been away from fumbbl for a while but am able to play a bit more now.

I really like the new client and would be very interested joining a "Live" FFB League.
 Jump to: