47 coaches online • Server time: 20:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
XZCion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2010 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

While I applaud the idea of having it all on the server, and the ability to have individual icons and portraits for every player on every team... there's a but.

Specifically, I'm sick of seeing ffb.jnlp repeated 17 bazillion (welll... 20, i only started playing yesterday) in my download list and waiting for the icons to load off the server.

While I do not claim to have clue on any of the technical issues I'm bringing up, is it possible to check if I have the files before downloading them all again, without losing the awesomeness of having the icons and portraits for each team download if I do not have them?
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2010 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on a way to cache player icons so as not to download them again.
Can't do anything about ffb.jnlp appearing in your browser's download list, though.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2010 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It's weird, because I'm pretty sure that I used to launch the file without downloading it first, when using Ski's client. But maybe it's a Browser/OS issue.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

And there was much rejoicing!
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

XZCion wrote:
And there was much rejoicing!

In the frozen land of Nador, they were forced to eat Robin's minstrels...
ruqakaal

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2010 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i need this every time the client slaps me out ofthe game (vista clash)and have to rejoin i have to load the icons again.
thank you for finding an answer and to kalimar for the solution
ruqakaal

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

something weird happened i was ignored on irc so ill state it here as its the icons that are of note.
chose to spectate a game icons 10% loaded then my connection blanks i pull out the usb stick to reset it then... the bottom left box states failed to load"name of icon" in a large scroll of them then it plays out 1 and a half turns of the match (what happened while icons were loading?) with the abstract old style icons.(note usb stick REMOVED) then the client kicks out.
if i could choose to only load or download the abstract would this be simpler all round? they are not as likely to be changed or tweaked to preferance as the mainstream icons
sorry for the double post and bringing this up again
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

ruqakaal wrote:
then it plays out 1 and a half turns of the match (what happened while icons were loading?)

I believe that when the icons are loading the game is caching the play and it plays it back to you once they have loaded. Have noticed this too.
ruqakaal

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2010 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

found a way to break this using my usb sticks "speed manager" which ignores the pictures and icons meaning i do only load the abstract but it works fine it seems i found a way at least for with my connection even if the site is now a little desolate after using it(if its shiny or animated i probably wont see it) and thanks for the answer on the ghost turns
jim_b_at

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2011 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
I'm working on a way to cache player icons so as not to download them again.

Hi Kalimar,

is this feature still on the to-do-list or did it not work?

Just wondering because i think that this would also lower the server load...
 Jump to: