35 coaches online • Server time: 13:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Heh, if you wanted a better indication of who the dice favored, just show an aggregate of all the rolls for each player, i.e.:

Player 1: 1 [45], 2 [43], 3 [41], 4 [55], 5 [42], 6 [40]
Player 2: 1 [53], 2 [39], 3 [48], 4 [50], 5 [45], 6 [30]

I bet if you used statistical analysis on the total of all dice rolls, games would fall into reasonably tight brackets for the most part. (and maybe that would shut more people up about the RNG)

Exactly that solution was implemented... back in 2004 or so.

As you may have figured out already, it never actually had much impact on people's complaints. Given a choice between subjective evidence and validation for one's own opinions, the numbers come up very often.
Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo???????????? Is it true????? My idol is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:

Most important problem in ffb and box is, that servers are unstabile.

This is not true, server is stabile, it have been running straight for 2 days since the last fix.
It might be your connection to the server that is not stabile though.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
spiro wrote:

This is not true, server is stabile, it have been running straight for 2 days since the last fix.

There is definately a problem somewhere though because too many people are being effected by drop outs. Its not every game it has only happened to me 3 or 4 times out of 20 games. But it is definately nothing to do with my BB connection. Also this doesn't happen with the old client ever - not for me anyway. As said in another thread it may be occuring when the two coaches are using different version of java because the last time i played and this happened I had update 23 and my opponent had update 22.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Lakrillo wrote:
spiro wrote:

There is definately a problem somewhere though because too many people are being effected by drop outs. Its not every game it has only happened to me 3 or 4 times out of 20 games. But it is definately nothing to do with my BB connection. Also this doesn't happen with the old client ever - not for me anyway. As said in another thread it may be occuring when the two coaches are using different version of java because the last time i played and this happened I had update 23 and my opponent had update 22.

Didn't say that there was no problem, just that the server itself was stabile. Smile

Old java worked in another way as it was clien-client while this is server-client.

I have myself not had any problems with dropping out except the other day where we had serious problems with some clients with a really bad connection who locked up all connections to the server so that the server crashed multiple times.
Since Kalimar and Christer rewrote the network-code that evening, these crashes have been stopped.

I have had some slight delay though sometimes when i have played lately, this might have to do with my opponents connection to the server as the server needs to send things both to me and to my opponent and get confirmations before it can move on to the next step.

Have you guys had more or less problems since sunday when the last version was released?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

About the same for me but then it is quite infrequent anyway. I only had problems in 1 game out of 5 yesterday and my opponent didnt have the most recent java update which is why i thought that may be causing some type of conflict.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
btw i don't need "luckmeter" to know, that match is one sided and my dice won't cooperate.

So maybe instead of a luckmeter, we could just get Spiro to watch all the games and assign his own "luck values" to the players as the game progresses?
Asgovic

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
[I agree, "luckmeter" in lrb4 it's a one more prove how surrealistic RNG is Razz it's better to shut his mouth up.Image

btw i don't need "luckmeter" to know, that match is one sided and my dice won't cooperate.

I think you put the goldfish in the wrong line Very Happy
spiro

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:

So maybe instead of a luckmeter, we could just get Spiro to watch all the games and assign his own "luck values" to the players as the game progresses?

have you owned brain and the eyes, then use them.

Asgovic wrote:

I think you put the goldfish in the wrong line Very Happy

The golfish is there absolutely correct.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.
 Jump to: