23 coaches online • Server time: 08:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
WIll inducemnts make a big diffrence in matches?
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 43 ]
No
13%
 13%  [ 11 ]
Maybe So...so many random permutations to calculate
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Pie....With some whip cream if you have some.
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 79

JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

the cards are the stupidest thing ever in bloodbowl, deathzone ones were even worse (+1av magic helmet and fake ball anyone)

I really really hope they are not implemented in any way.

Inducements can make a difference, but at the moment it is rare the difference is enough to buy anything worthwhile other than those suggested by the duke.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Cards ruin competitive games. I'd like to see them in [L], mind, since user run tournaments between friends / like minded individuals could cook up some really fun stuff, we have some very creative minds at work here! But yes, I hate them too, in general open use.

Wait - I agreed with Jock? I must be wrong! Smile
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw is good vs av 7 teams at 60k. Especially at low tv (=low number of players) teams. Or higher tv vs lots of blodge.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

a bribe is really nice for a high TV bash battle.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I really think there are a lot of cases where a bribe/wiz/star is worth more than 100k/150k/starvalue. Being a killy team with a dp/sg or a few dps is a such a situation, getting a wizard as an elf team is another, getting a good star such as sidewinder, chaney on to the pitch against a nearly rookie team are such as well (say a 1000 tv vs 1300 tv matchup).
maysrill

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I've found that differences in the 80-90k range are the most imbalanced so far. Your opponent is up 4 normal skills on you, and you get a bloodweiser babe as your only option (a couple teams have a cheap star in that ballpark, but not a decent one). The odds of a babe swinging the game as opposed to 4 more skills on players are slim.

Oh, and rerolls are almost never a good pick. Sure, your team might do well to have another reroll, but 100k for one is a bad deal. Your opponent is certainly getting more out of his 100k TV than you are, since the most expensive rerolls are only 70k.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

In the FFB divisions there were some games where they did make the difference, but then again, in those games were talking about way more than 15% worth of inducements...
For example: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3109019 Very Happy
spiro

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I wrote this topic one day earlier in bbox, it's amazing how forum is working Laughing okay, here is FFB even if FFB division is almost dead.

I wrote already in my topic, inducement it's totally missunderstanding, stronger team has terrible advantage anyway. star players in inducement are just pathetic, but always some help pffft.
Obviously unless you playing amazon team in Bbox with 16 players then if you will play vs stronger team, you will be in deep black hole. No star players, no slots Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.
Prinz

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Inducements aren't meant to make it a fair game. soooo...

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it matters a great deal at what level the teams are, and what they are. Tossing in an extra apo is not going to win you many games. My UW getting a star with ST 4 Block and Claw might make a huge difference when they are just starting out against most teams. Later on, he might not seem impressive compared to developed players, though. I personally would like to see box loosen up the matching to allow for more inducement aided matches.

My No Tree halflings in ranked won't be buying stars, and will therefore only play those within a reasonable TV, post-transition. All those little things (extra apo, bribes, babes) only add up to so much.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

hehehe I must write, that it's silly, in lrb4 there, matches vs weaker team it's a cherrypicking. There, cherrypicker have been ( and still is ) branded, that he wanted take an advantage to weaker team and boost owned team without any risk.

Now we have automatic cherrypicking even without handicap and with much worse the star players and everything is okay Shocked Shocked

RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, remember the new wizard is just as effective against elves as any other team now. I think that's a good change, and can't wait for it to be implemented. Not that I'm facing many elves atm....
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
I wrote this topic one day earlier in bbox, it's amazing how forum is working Laughing okay, here is FFB even if FFB division is almost dead.

I wrote already in my topic, inducement it's totally missunderstanding, stronger team has terrible advantage anyway. star players in inducement are just pathetic, but always some help pffft.
Obviously unless you playing amazon team in Bbox with 16 players then if you will play vs stronger team, you will be in deep black hole. No star players, no slots Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well I must have mis read your thoughts on inducments then, I did read your posting...To me it seemed like the thoughts of a mad man who could not possibly understand the logic that inducements could not violate the 16 man roster rule.

But you do bring up a good point...at what point do discussions that relate to the FFB client gravitate to genreal discussion and the tactics and strategy forums...at what point is the FFB client the default client and thus does not need some special forum topic area for it to be heard.

IMO the FFB client is allready the default client, even though it is only currently up and running in the Box, and thus discussions should now be open for all the forums...obviously conforming to the rules of topics that fit under that title.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Well I must have mis read your thoughts on inducments then, I did read your posting...To me it seemed like the thoughts of a mad man who could not possibly understand the logic that inducements could not violate the 16 man roster rule.

No problem, for me your double topic in dead division seems to be like the thoughts of a mad man and bad player who want find some interesting subject. I have read your topics and most of them have been about nothing. You are just the forum animal.

PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
PainState wrote:

No problem, for me your double topic in dead division seems to be like the thoughts of a mad man and bad player who want find some interesting subject.

LOL!!!!!!

So having a double topic in a dead division makes me a bad player....OUCH.....I never realized my main problem with winning matches was proper forum placement. Embarassed