23 coaches online • Server time: 07:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6922 applications are open, now lets have at it.

I predict we will be seeing a lot more high end elf teams that you don't see playing the box everyday, but will come out crawling from under their rocks when there is a major on Wink
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ahahahah! An underworld gobbo is a wonderful price!

I predict no underworld team will apply Razz
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My predicition is Stonetroll has applied with 10tacle experimentand wants lots of elf teams to apply Wink

I really like the prize this time, shame about the pro skill though.

Last edited by Garion on Jul 14, 2011 - 10:57; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I applied with (low end) woodies, an UW goblin is a wonderful price indeed - one-turners with TTM instead of chain-pusing that requires thinking. Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i like the tentacles team

they should win

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The Black Cup needs a better PR department. I wouldn't have known it was open if I hadn't spotted this thread.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Opened yesterday so PC is probably going to post the news tonight as usual.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Id like to see the calender used again too

SL
Niebling

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

so how does this work, can I still play normally with the team I apply with?

Also can you apply now? just say apply *** APPLY TO THIS GROUP ***

I think I have applyed but did i do it right anyone that can check?

Going to be fun, this is my first fumbbl major Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You can apply right now, applications are open since yesterday. You can still play matches as usual.

The only thing you have to keep in mind is that your team has to be "ready to play" and can't be in a game when the draw is made (next Wednesday 22:00 bbtime I think).

Edit:
No-one but the group admins can check who has applied so far. If you go to the "select team" list on the group page and the team you want in is not available anymore (while being "ready to play"), everything should be fine. Smile
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=662228

Its MINE!

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

** Deep in the Temple of Sigmar, Altdorf **

'What word do you have brother James?' The grand Theogonist strode over to the table that had a map of the Empire. He cast a look at the notes written on the map, recent incursions of chaos noted, new cells detected. 'Lord I heard the calling from Tzeentch last night. He has called forth the teams. The obsidean pitch has arrived 70 leagues north of Erengrad in Kislev. In the mountains on the border of the Chaos Waste. The Black Cup will take place there this year.' The Theogonist appraised what brother James had just said. To far away to travel by normal means. 'I will contact Snesdrell the grey tonight, he will open the portal for the Hammers to arrive in time. Brother Owens, are the Hammers ready?' Brother Owens looked up from his play book 'Lord they are, I have planned a few more prep matches and they will be ready to do battle against the hordes of Chaos, this I swear.'

Back at the Altdorf Hammers training HQ word has slowly been passed down that the calling of Tzeentch has been sent. The Obsidian Blood Bowl pitch was now at the edge of the Chaos Wastes, the Stadium was sighted two days ago. Its huge walls with the symbols of Tzeentch adorning its walls, a large statue of the Dark Lord guarding the entrance. 150,000 + followers of the Ruinious powers were making there way to the stadium to watch the spectacle of blood.

Captain Morgana is making sure the team is ready. She reviewed the orders from the church. The plan is clear. Destroy all the chaos scumm on the Blood Bowl pitch and win some matches in the name of Sigmar. They were just pawns she knew but playing Blood Bowl at the edge of the wastes, the place that destroyed her life and changed her forever, well this would be some sweet revenge. They were going to be the tip of the spear. Allready she talked to her new coaches, a cadre of witch hunters would be traveling with them and their new apoths were both Amethysit wizards from the college. A gambit was being played our under the cover of Blood Bowl and she was fine with that. Let the Grand Theogonist play his own games and she will play the one she knows...BLOOD BOWL.

The Hammers are getting set for the battle of their lives.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2011 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Bugger, this came around quickly...

Throw in a just for fun entry it is! Perhaps Slann. If the FC crossover thing doesn't happen, it's a long old [B] autumn / winter, isn't it?
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2011 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I am indeed throwing in an elf team I play rarely.

But my reasoning for not playing them wasn't because I was saving them for a major. It was mostly "I just got back from a two-year hiatus, this is my only [B] team above 1200 TV, and elves are fragile, so I probably shouldn't wreck these guys by bringing them out before I've adapted to FFB."

And my reason for entering them in the tourney is mostly "I'm mostly playing my Necros/Orcs/Nurgle lately, none of whom are quite ready for the big time. So if the elves get shredded by some sort of... pombers, or alternately if they win and can't play more than one game/week for a few weeks, I can carry on as normal."

I mean, they're not legitimate contenders. They're TV 1860 with no cash built up, so they're giving up TV to a lot of the real contenders. (But not enough to get HUGE inducements.) And even if they manage to hang on for a couple rounds, the attrition is bound to catch up with them eventually. I just feel I have to sacrifice SOMETHING to Nuffle for the major, and the elves are less blatantly underpowered than anything else I have at the moment.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)

Last edited by ahalfling on Jul 19, 2011 - 00:26; edited 1 time in total
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2011 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, actual prediction: Chaos Dwarves win. Not sure whose Chaos Dwarves, not sure why. (Possibly because of the hats.)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
 Jump to: