54 coaches online • Server time: 12:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shadow

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the concept of Strength rating is a great idea but am somewhat stuped how I can buy a Linerat for my skaven team and go up 9 points in strength. It's a linerat ... no skills ... soft and squishy. Why is it worth so much? Confused
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What did your team look like before you bought the linerat?

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The str score is not purely on a player by player basis. There are factors that apply based on the rest of the team as well, so you may have purchased that lineman at another time and found him to add significantly less to your str.

The Finishing Touch

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

re: above 2 comments

had a rat ogre with block i retired (178), refreshed (158), then bought the linerat. jumped from 158 to 167. just seemed pretty significant for a player with no skills and costing $50,000. The purchase of the linerat restored the # of team members to 13.

If the number of players counts towards your str rating (which makes sense) then there aught to be more weight given to STR teams 'cause when they're a man short they really feel the pinch where my gutter runners can do the touchdown with as little as three or four players on the field. Having said that I also agree the AG4 players are invaluable on the pitch ... whoever they play for. As for AG5 players ... they're pretty much unbeatable Wink
Shadow

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

last comment was mine ... came to this from link sent to my mail account Embarassed
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

"As for AG5 players ... they're pretty much unbeatable"

I find that AG5 players pose less of a problem when they have thier legs broken, Pehaps this should go into tactics Smile
MortLegosi

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I gotta disagree with your statement that AG5 players are unbeatable. With the exception of throwers, the difference between AG 3 and AG 4 is much greater than the difference between AG4 and 5. Unless you get yourself into a tight spot, ag 4 and 5 are the same. Think about it, a 1 always fails, so an ag 4 player does just as well picking up the ball, dodging, catching, and generally bein a poncy elf as an AG5. I got a gentleman I play with who has a AG6 elfy blitza. He puts that bugger into every possible mess he can, but really, the only time it does him a lick of good is when gettin away from my boys with diving tackle. Next week I play him again. No amount of his AG will save him from my witchelves this time.
 Jump to: