54 coaches online • Server time: 11:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all

Dangerzone Season I Results and discussion thread

Please paste your match reports here so I can record the points/deaths on the main group page.

In addition any suggestions regarding the group are welcome. I hope this is successfull....enjoy!

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

scoring

You only get pts for RIP's correct?

So if you win but get no kills you get 0 pts?

The +20 pts for winning is a bonus on top of your kills?

Or do you get 20 pts regardless if you win but caused no KILL?

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

And just like the DMU the Blood Sea Buccaneers will not be one of the top teams. BUT they will manage to get the highest single game score record somehow.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe make the score from a number of games sprint? Otherwise someone who plays infinite games will just win.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, good idea Jimmy, maybe the best number of results as a total, as well as a running total that coaches can keep individually

Pain, the +20 pts I saw as a win bonus regardless of the RIPs.

Please guys, any suggestions to enhance this are appreciated, and if any of you want to help me administrate, than that would be great!

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Another Idea. The total of your best 10 RIPS makes up your score....So You could have 60 RIPS in a month but only the top 10 RIPS count.

Restricts the coaches who play a lot of matches by putting a restrictor plate on scoring for them and the coaches who play a more slow pace style still have a shot.

I dont like a sprint style for this type of challenge.

This league is all about the RIP so I would say you reward winning by halving your score for a RIP. The final score for every team is the total of their 10 best KIA's...period.

Obviously you still want 60+ RIPS in a cycle so you can take home the Most Kills hardware for the trophy case.

Also by giving a huge negative of half points in a loss..You can image a coach who puts the RIP on Jill Roberts will do everything in his power to win that match.

Last edited by PainState on Feb 13, 2012 - 23:36; edited 1 time in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah good idea

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I love that idea Pain!

With a cap on the number of kills counting to the final score, there is no need for a modifier for losing. To be honest I threw in the modifier to pacify the 'play only to kill' hate mob that this kind of group will attract! I am actually happy that I can drop it!

I will modify the group page as soon as I can

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

For ease of recording score in the league.

When you report the RIP and link the match report. You only get points for pixels that are listed as KILLED on the match report. Now is it possible that the pixel was a self inflicted KIA or a crowd surf KIA. Sure, but danger zone is a dangerous place man. If a legend dodges away from you killer and impales himself on a failed dodge for a RIP. I think that is unfair that you dont get points...The only reason he was RIP was because he was fleeing your CLPOMB monster.

Bottom line. Do not have to check replays, everyone is playing by the same rules, streamlines calculating points and it is easy.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah pain, I agree...a kill is a kill, regardless how it happens. If it's recorded, it counts.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
With a cap on the number of kills counting to the final score, there is no need for a modifier for losing.

Hold on Tex! I understand the need to pacify the crowd who hates RIP only groups. BUT by having the penalty of rewarding only half points in a LOSS is very important.

1) Coaches who play a lot of matches with one team will have an advantage. SO by reducing score by half for a loss will be a restrictor on those teams.

2) It is more fun to win. I understand that this is all about RIP but we all should still strive to RIP and WIN.

3) I dont think a coach who kills 5 legends on 5 seperate teams but also gets slaughtered on the scoreboard should be able to claim victory over a guy who kills 3 legends but won all three of his matches.

4) Jill Roberts rule: She is worth so many pts that a coach who kills her will have a HUGE advantage to win the cycle. By giving only half points for the kill he wont sit on his laurels and just ride out the match to collect the points. I want him to play to win not hang out and collect his 700+ pts

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Really I don't think people playing here need any extra motivation to win games.
Seriously who is going to kill Jill then not try to win?
I don't mind personally as I win most of my games but I really don't think it is necessary.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Some negative modifier for losing, or just a bonus for winning? Or both? I'll sleep on it, but suggestions will be welcome as ever!!

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

There you go Calcium you first big decision in Danger Zone.

Jimmy and I have made the case for the Half score in a loss. Pro and Con

I believe that half pts is good because it makes it more competitve and fun.

But if you disagree then that is fine and off we go.

SO what will it be Calcium?

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Half score for a loss it is guys! I like the idea of bagging a massive SPP monster and paying the price for losing the game! I think if us DANGERZONers can't even pull of a draw then it would make Maverick cry....

Harsh for sure, but this is the DANGERZONE!