31 coaches online • Server time: 09:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which team for the ACC?
Orcs
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Skaven
64%
 64%  [ 18 ]
Lizardmen
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
~22/7
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2012 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, it's the Albion Coast Cup next for me. Which team to take? It's a 6 game league starting from rooke, basically, but with 1,050,000 starting roster. I have a choice of 3 cheesy teams, because I've played 21 out of 24, and have these three left (orcs, skaven, lizards). Which should I take, and why?

Have posted this on TFF, but polls seem popular here Very Happy

Last edited by sann0638 on %b %22, %2012 - %13:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2012 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Love this. Here's my thoughts.
Last year my orcs died. Badly. However they should be good?
Nazgob smashed it with Wood Elfs. Now, he hardly took a cas all weekend, but he was winning (so making money), and was skilling up fast so had the tools for the job.
Lizards are decent, but Saurus would be slow to develop maybe? Therefor I voted for pie Wink (skaven in fact)
Russo

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I voted for Skaven since I am a TT-Elf freak and hate playing bashers on TT.

Sadly I wont be there due to holidays but still my gift to the rest of the hairy sweaty bodies that WILL be going is that there should be one less basher there Smile

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
p4m

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

progression Tourney: so skaven seems the reasonable choice
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent voting - it's 5/5 on TFF with skaven and orcs, but there will be a helluvalotof orcs inevitably, so will lean towards getting the rats finished. Now, rogre or no...

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat Ogre is good fun but overall I would say no in a rookie team. They are very unreliable. What you want is for one of your Gutter ruuners to get wrestle as soon as possible to help with defence, and another with block who is carrying.
blader4411

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat Ogre is unreliable, and a Blitzer skilled with either MB or Claw (on a double) will inevitably prove better as your heavy-hitter. The RO provides some strength with guard, but you probably don't want to waste a skill allocation on him in a short-term event.
Whitmire

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote Team Skaven with a rogre.

You won't have any problem scoring with the rats, but defending with them is a pain in the tail-end unless you get a rogre. You can't dodge free like the elves and you certainly can't put up a fight, so you'll need a cage breaker and something with which to menace your opponent. Running around, threatening with your Gutter Runners, isn't enough unless you give your opponent something real to worry about and make a mistake or two while at it.

Having a rogre on the field forces the enemy... err, your opponent, to react to it. You don't even have to use it much and it will still affect your opponent's gameplay. It's far harder to create a cage that can withstand S5 + Frenzy than S3 + Block. This is something that BG haters forget. The passive effect that a BG has on the field.

A rogre is a great way to bust open cages with its high strength and Frenzy. Its prehensile tail also makes it better at player-marking than most other BGs. In a six-game league you won't have time to level up a grunner/blitzer for carrier whacking, so you'll need something with which to break the cages. Sure, the rogre is unpredictable, but it's also predictable that your lesser rats can't do it either, without some extra skills. Also, when you're men (or rats) down, a rogre can still turn the tide with some good rolls, and you should always have at least a chance to break any cage as long as that rogre is still on the field.

Furthermore, a BG with Frenzy might even cause enough casualties to gain a skill. With luck you'll roll doubles.

If you don't take the rogre, you'll miss it the first time you have to defend. Also take as many (all) grunners as you can get your dirty paws on.

Just don't use your rogre before you have completed all "safe" maneuvers. Despite all that I've said, never trust a BG, but never lose your respect to its potential.

Don't forget that it's a six-game league. You need to start winning from Game 1. You can't wait till you've got a Blitzer with Claw (will you roll any doubles during the league?) or a Gutter Runner with +AG +Leap + Strip Ball +Wrestle or whatnot. There's simply no time to think about the grand scale of things and how your team will level up till Game 6, so think about the first game and how to win it.
p4m

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

dont forget, if you are rats down, he gives you the opportunity to OTS with his frenzy
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

blader- progession, so its not the issue of wasting a skill, its the issue of if hes worth his TV i guess.

Just as an interesting aside, Nazgob's finishing Wood Elf team (that won last year) Had 2 Wardancers, 2 Catchers, One Thrower, 4 Lineefls, and 2 journeymen

And racked up 104 spps over 6 games. My orcs managed 81. (thats SPPs on players alive after game six it should be noted)
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

OK cool. Ogre, 2 blitzers, 4GR, thrower, 3 linemen, 2 RR, Apo is 1050. Skill up the thrower for Leader first game, try to score twice with the same GR and blodge him. 11 players - will be players down a LOT. Suggestions for improvements? I do like the idea of the Rat Ogre, but could get more rerolls without him.
 Jump to: