47 coaches online • Server time: 16:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post How open file jnlp?goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Blizzix

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

hi there,

after some 2,5 years of absence, i remembered this lovely game/site (and even my old password;-)), and gave it little visit. i just witnessed, that the rules got changed in the meantime, so all of my teams seem to be unplayable right now. i get this message, when i open one:

This team is a former Ranked division team.

Due to the migration of the Ranked division, you must choose if you want to migrate the team to the FFB ruleset and go back to the Ranked division, or to transfer to the LRB4 division.

Please be aware that the choice you make here is final. After choosing, there is no going back.

But i do not see any lrb 4 division around, and no lrb 4 matches on the match page. so i guess, there is no lrb 4 division Wink and i guess also, that i have to transfer to the ffb rules divisions, to play any of my olde teams. my question is, what will happen to them? will my norse still have 4 blitzers? will my nurgle still have their beastmen? will my woodie catcher still be mv 9? etc. or will i see completely different teams, when i click "transfer to ffb"?

thank you, for your answer in advance Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Lrb 4 has been closed. As there was no traffic what so ever. I wanted to create a league for lrb 4, however I just didn't have the time or motivation and now it's gone.

So you have little choice, move them to CRP.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20642&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=migrate+team answers some of your questions too.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 19:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There's no point in migrating to LRB4, no games are being played there.

When migrating, players are converted to the stats of their position. To answer your various question: Norse can keep four blitzers and then hire two ulfwerners as well. However, once those blitzers die, they cannot hire new blitzers in excess of the usual two blitzer limit. Nurgle beastmen are converted into rotters, and the team would have no pestigors until some are hired. Wood elf catchers are reduced to MA8 and gain sprint. In the event that a player ends up with a duplicate skill, that's tough luck on you.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
There's no point in migrating to LRB4, no games are being played there.

we tried to play some games there not too long ago but the results didnt upload properly and then teams were stuck, if i remember correctly.

It was a great shame :'(

oh and yeah just convert the good ones and retire the rubbish ones.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, the good one probably have a Fan Factor that is too high. It's like carrying around a TV penalty until you lose and lose the excess.

Better to retire the good ones and convert the rubbish LRB4 teams.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

thx guys Smile

i just converted all of them to the new rules. to put them to sleep after waiting for their coach for such a long time did not seem fair to me Wink

so fan factor is "bad" now? did i get that right?

some of the ranked teams got a "(+/-xxx)" next to their tv. the league ones do not. what does that mean? the value in the bracket, for the ranked teams, that have one (not all do), reaches from +/-50 to +/- 1270
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It shows how much difference in TV they can play, there's a limit until they've played 30 games. It's explained here http://fumbbl.com/help:ranked

& yeah, generally everyone thinks FF is a waste because it pushes your TV up.
lemf

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back,
I just converted all my teams and carried on with them.
Taking the rough with the smooth
 Jump to: