27 coaches online • Server time: 07:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 21, 2012 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

phil78 wrote:
TheMurker wrote:
Here's a better one. Who do we think has the most ridiculous luck going? POWs on all the fearless 1d blocks, POWs on every blodger without need for tackle, pick-ups in three tackle zones and blitz kick - off results following countless one turn touchdowns?

That's easy. It's PeteW

+6

cos that's all he ever rolls. Wink

Post   Posted: May 21, 2012 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My worst game dice-wise was indeed a tabletop one.

My Wood Elves rolled six turnovers straight on the first rolls of the first 6 turns of the match, including at least 4 snakes. And then I rolled snakes again on the first roll of turn 16, dodging for the drawn (no other roll needed).

Even worse, I was playing vs my little sister...

Looking back it was a great game.
Zombywuf

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I just seem to only be able to coach well when the dice are against me. It's not a good combination.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
I had a game with 5 double skulls in 5 turns.

As dwarves...each of the first 5 turns, I rolled a double skulls on a block.

Although really - no way to quantity "worst" dice luck.

Because Pythrr will ask - here.

I think what is most impressive about your luck in that game is that it is really just a continuation of the luck you were having in the game before

These teams matched up, I diced him SO HARD and RIPed his runner. Then we match up again days later and I assume that this time I have it coming to me. But no, it is even worse with the 5 double skulls in the first five consecutive turns (and I inflict 3 SI to boot). Azure really outplaying me in those first turns too, I really made a lot of mistakes, but after he runs out of RR and the skulls just keep coming...

Each game in and of itself is a horrible dicing, but put the two together back to back and it is really impressive by any standard.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
sadly not, but i suspect every coach on fumbbl thinks they hold the record somewhere down the line lol.

I'm sure it was me!!! If we use the old luck % anyway.

Why did I never lock this thread as soon as it started......mystery. Confused
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 19:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i dunno about in game but when it comes to skill roles i must be close to if not the luckiest coach. All my trees roll +MA's or doubles, or +St or all three Razz

My flings CONSTANTLY roll +ag

... and they never age Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I think we need to set up a base line for this. In order to claim the worst luck ever you must beat this base line test on the post match report.

1)Lose the match 0-4+.
2)Have 0 rushing yards and 0 passes
3)Only received 5 SPP due to MVP
4)Your MVP player was RIP
5)Inflicted 0 CAS in the match

This is the base line for worst luck ever. Everyone has had multiple bad "dice" games but IF you can show us a match report with this level of futility, well you are now nominated for worst luck ever. At that point we can watch match replays to determine the winner.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Garion wrote:
sadly not, but i suspect every coach on fumbbl thinks they hold the record somewhere down the line lol.

I'm sure it was me!!! If we use the old luck % anyway.

Why did I never lock this thread as soon as it started......mystery. Confused

You rolled double 1s to lock?

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Zombywuf

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ok, I think we need to set up a base line for this. In order to claim the worst luck ever you must beat this base line test on the post match report.

1)Lose the match 0-4+.
2)Have 0 rushing yards and 0 passes
3)Only received 5 SPP due to MVP
4)Your MVP player was RIP
5)Inflicted 0 CAS in the match

1 seems invalid, as some coaches will just grind your players into jam instead of scoring touchdowns. And 3 implies 2.

Is there some sort of dump of all the match data available that we can just run statistical analysis on and settle the question? That way I can prove I'm the unluckiest coach.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Your luck will improve if you join the 145 Club.

And that's the truth!

145 Club

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2012 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

What if your opponent dices you extremely hard? (To the order of his dice being 1 in 3.5 million odds against).

Specifically, 22 blocks, mostly without claw, mb, or po (he did have a clawpomber who got 4 cas in 8 blocks, but didn't do anything with his other 4 blocks), and he still caused 7 casualties and 8 KO's against (which is 11 cas or ko, 1 of which came from an mb/po player, and 10 came from players with no mb/po/claw skills at all) my 12 man team.

The rest of the game wasn't particularly unlucky though (lost 2-0, no deaths or perms on important players, managed to cause 4 cas of my own), so I'm only mentioning it from a purely math point of view, not a truly 'unluckiest in every single aspect' way.
 Jump to: