14 coaches online • Server time: 06:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
any objections?
OBJECTION!
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
I really don't get this whole Pie thing, but whatever.
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
You're a genius, and handsome too!
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

zenken5ten

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2012 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

are we unfamiliar with improvement around here? I didn't realize anything new had to be perfect, I just thought it would best the status quo. And again, Those who find it more confusing wouldn't have to use it.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2012 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh... when you come up with an idea that is actually a useful addition, people here will agree with you.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2012 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the_Sage has a nice point.

It could possibly even be a disableable option if you didn't like it. But it would remove the right to moan from people who misclick 'there is an option for that'.

Similar to the choosing defender down option when other options are available, an 'are you sure' option would be useful.

I must say, useful but not entirely needed. I like the cient and i don't want to make any more work for the people who have created this whole thing!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2012 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, i don't see it as being any better than now; and I use a mac where the mouse is both scroll pad and button, so I do get the annoying 'damn it clicked and forced a dodge instead of moving to my player before clicking'

the idea of an 'are you sure' for 5+ dodges would be good though (4+ are too common I think)
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2012 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

No no no please god no more pop ups. It's fine as is. The client already does far too much for you imo it shouldnt warn you if you are doing something risky

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2012 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

eh, I'm only in favor of it because of my mac's mouse situation; when clicking and moving are performed with the same thing (my scroll pad) it really is too easy for the computer to decide that my 'move' really is a 'click'
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2012 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I do sympathise with that, I hate scroll pads. But you could always just buy a cheap mouse.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2012 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I do sympathise with that, I hate scroll pads. But you could always just buy a cheap mouse.

QFT

Easy fix buy a mouse, much simpler than putting extra garbish in the client.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2012 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
eh, I'm only in favor of it because of my mac's mouse situation; when clicking and moving are performed with the same thing (my scroll pad) it really is too easy for the computer to decide that my 'move' really is a 'click'

Same here (macbook pro), though I had similar issues using a mouse. With the size of the squares, any reasonably sensitive mouse can move from one to another some time during a click.
Using a mouse set to low sensitivity just for fumbbl would work, but would be a hassle.
 Jump to: