37 coaches online • Server time: 18:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think?
Awsome, I'll love this once Mousey rules the world
46%
 46%  [ 26 ]
Hmmmm I like the idea in principle, but......
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
harvest, will you stop pulling these ideas, out your mousey bum!
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
Beer
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 56

neoliminal

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea and could work well here on FUMBBL where the math is done for you. The rules as they are currently were created with Table Top play in mind and keeping track of more than 'Miss Next Game' was too complicated to deal with.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

neoliminal wrote:
Nice idea and could work well here on FUMBBL where the math is done for you. The rules as they are currently were created with Table Top play in mind and keeping track of more than 'Miss Next Game' was too complicated to deal with.

I know what you mean. 2nd edition was a real chore when it came to bookwork. I run this in my own private league, and it's not bad at all.

Simply I have another spread sheet, that has the reserve team on. Uninjured players are given the numbers 1-4 and injured players the number 0 to separate them. At the end of their column is the number of games they need to miss (counting down). Apart from choosing who you want to play in your next game (which takes as much time as you want) the book keeping for the rest is only a couple of minutes at most, and nowhere near the chore of pre 3rd edition.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this idea, and having the squad picked in the pre match sequence, as in real sports. I like that positionals would be 'fighting for a place' in the starting line up, and that star players could have understudies to replace them when they injured or retired.

Go two steps further (think big!): have two sperate teams, one of which is the academy that feeds players for the main team but gets to play against other academy teams. Could have special rules like limited rerolls and no one above veteran.

Combine this with buying and selling players between coaches and suddenly the RPG aspect of the game is way more involved.
 Jump to: