22 coaches online • Server time: 01:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Guiams

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone! I'm a new player to Blood Bowl, got it on December buut my computer broke, and since then I've been watching videos and reading about it and today I finally managed to play it!

So, at first, I took some time to test out some races that I liked visually speaking. The Lizardmen were the first ones, but I got beaten up SO BAD, that I ended up trying some other races, and could only win with the humans.

Well, I said "screw training!" and went ahead to the campaign mode. I was browsing the races and decided to try the Khemri, I've been reading bout them, and so I choose'em.

Two draws and an easy victory later, I came across the elvish team. Now, blood bowl is proving to be a game in which, at least for me, it's HARD to like the elves unless you're playing them. I just shrugged and started the match.

So, in the fourth or fifth turn, they scored a touchdown. I sighed and kept playing, inuring them as hard as I could, and in the seventh turn it was I who made a point!
Half-time came, and I kept just as before, trying to do the cage around my thro-ra who had the ball and injuring those pointy-ear sneaky btards. On the 12th turn, I scored another touchdown. "I won" I was saying to myself, as I just focused on bruising them up... until a thrower got the ball, made an INSANE pass to a catcher, and bam, another elven td. The game then announced that if the scores were tied, there would be an overtime.

I was hopeless by them, I mean, if the elves made another play like the last one, they would easily score, but I kind of forgot for how long we've been playing... I remembered it when, in a single play, I KOed four of them. It was turn 21 by the time, and as I went for the ball knocking out every elf who'd chase me, I managed to get the game to be 10x3. A blitzer tried to the last moment, literally the last line of the field before the touchdown mark, to stop me... but failed. By turn 24 I scored again, and won the match.

God, I kept shaking for like, three minutes. No game has EVER made me this "nervous", and I've never felt like such a winner hahahah

Anyway, just wanted to share my victory - which was epic to me!

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the attention Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, and well done. Glad you are enjoying the game.

You aren't exactly on the right forum though (or maybe you already know and then you are) you see we don't actually play that version of the game here (well many of us do, but the site plays a different version, which most of us think is better).

Cyanide have their own BloodBowl forum for their computer game. Ours is Fantasy Football (however closer to the official rules than the Cyanide Game).

You can take a peak at what we do here by going here http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=games and pressing the spectate button on a game.

Anyway best of luck in your bloodbowl career.
 Jump to: