53 coaches online • Server time: 17:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the Jugger buff.

Jugger coupled with Break tackle allows you to dodge unlimited times with Break tackle in a turn. Not just the first dodge you receive the Break tackle benefit.

'Off the Chain' Spleen ripper was an unstopable Jugger once he got moving down hill. Breaking tackles left and right and he just blows you over with his ferocity and ST6. But sadly one rainy day, he rolled the double 1 on the dodge out and RIP.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You know FUMBBL doesn't make Blood Bowl, right? They have no impact on the rules. It's really kind of pointless to make a million posts suggesting rule changes here.
Electric_Wizard

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

But when it's played here alot, why not discuss about them?

How does that unlimited dodging work? Only if you blitz or on normal move actions too? Either way, that's alot of mobility, probably a little too much in my eyes.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

this is why its in the houserules/other ideas section. learn to read.
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to disagree with this. Too much of a buff here.

1) I already use JUG - so do not see a need for buff.
2) While even with buff, the BT/JUG is not going to be seen a lot outside of big guys - you do open the possibility of giving chaos uber cage breakers (ST 5 chaos warrior goes for BT/JUG/Two-heads/block...so +ST and 4 reg rolls...and you have a ST 5 AG 6 elf for cage breaking...does not have the AG to pickup the ball...but multiple dodges with BT/JUG is too much to protect against)
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

TheElectricWizard wrote:
But when it's played here alot, why not discuss about them?

How does that unlimited dodging work? Only if you blitz or on normal move actions too? Either way, that's alot of mobility, probably a little too much in my eyes.

Here is the basic premise....If you move/blitz with Jugger/BT you can dodge like a freaking elf.

Now big guys can actual take Jugger and not have it slotted for the obligatory 51+ or 76+ skill because I did not roll a double and have to take it.

On a more practical level though, Yes, it makes High ST low AG more mobile IF you wish to take two skills to make it work.

I dont think high moblie High ST guys is bad if a coach is willing to put the TV into him.

OR lets look at it like this....AG5 Elf with dodge...Dodge is a given on a elf. So the +AG is 40TV...the BT/J combo is 40 TV...Both of them now dodge on 2+ in no TZ but the elf has the dodge reroll and the big guy does not and loner. OR the elf and ST5 big guy can try to run a string of 3+ 3+ 2+ But once again the elf has the advantage due to Dodge and the Big guy has the negative of no free reroll and loner.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

MisterFurious wrote:
You know FUMBBL doesn't make Blood Bowl, right? They have no impact on the rules. It's really kind of pointless to make a million posts suggesting rule changes here.

1)I have made 3 post on variant rules not 1 million. Once I hit the 75th vaiant I will probally run out of ideas or get so lambasted I quit.

2)Well CRP is the official rules. BUT IF/WHEN/NEVER/Maybe.....FUMBBL could IF CHRISTER wanted to. Could form a rules group and come up with CRP-FUMBBL if he wanted to. A div that plays the FUMBBL CRP rules variant.

3)If you think my premise in #2 is off base...then why did Kalimar code some of the common variants for trial run in the FF client again? Sure it offers League some choice...But also for the future IF the idea of making a uniques FUMBBL variant came up...We atleast have some data on common skill variants.

4)Off topic/House rules is the Forum for wild speculation and "talk" instead of clogging up the main FUMBBL forums with this stuff.

5)You never know sometimes...You put all these variant rules under "pressure" and one of the 50 whacky house rules might actually produce a gem that a lot of coaches would like to use.

6)There is TT league Blood Bowl. Why cant you use these ideas IF you liked them in your TT league?

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I like seeing suggestions. I don't expect them to become the norm anywhere.

I think that your suggestion would be too much. S access isn't underpowered as is, and your suggestion would cost elves their niche imo.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut is buff, but is it rowdy?

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:

I think that your suggestion would be too much. S access isn't underpowered as is, and your suggestion would cost elves their niche imo.

I see I need a make a more compelling case why this is not OP.

1)I appreciate that we dont want to take the Elfs niche away. But at the same time do you envision a High ST team taking BT/Jugger on 6+ players?

2)IF you believe like most that Big guys are not reliable. Then do you believe that with this buff the norm would then be to take this combo on all big guys. Coaches would then ignore BG's racial negatives? Become dodging Blitz nuts coupled with no natural reroll, inless you double down and take dodge, and the loner trait?

3)What about the non big guys...To much...ok, but these 2 skills are not the norm anyway. All of a sudden chaos coaches start thinking this is a good thing and 2 or 3 of the CW take it? Is it worth it when it reduces their killing power with the other ST/G access skills they can take?

Bottom line for me is this. It presents options with coupling skills but is not OP due to fact that the vast majority of coaches would rather take skills that are more universal and proven. This sounds great in theory but on the pitch....in an actual game...how many coaches would actually incorportate it into their game plan?

CPOMB is OP, in the context of this discussion, because it is a coupling of skills that are normal for a killer type player, all are normal skill ups or one double and it is the path coaches want to take for their killers...the BT/J path, well that is a little side trail off the skill up tree that a lot of coaches would never go down, it is to dark, over grown and 40 TV of skills I will probally only use once every 10 games.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Juggernaut is buff, but is it rowdy?

I would be if you impimented this variant skill rule.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea, precisely because it gives more power to under utilized skills. However, I don't like the idea because most people who take juggernaut already take break tackle, so the combination doesn't need synergy. (The exception being Saurus; I would love to have this change on Saurii, especially a +S Tackle Saurii who becomes mr uber sweeper.. mm... uber sweeper..)

Overall, I think it is too much, but that it is the right general idea.

A better idea is to let break tackle work with leap. That idea is full of so much buff rowdy awesomesauce win it's sickening.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Juggernaut does need a change, it is currently okay, but it is sooooooo stupid making it a counter to Fend. Fend is the only counter to PO and not even a very good one. So why allow a counter to a counter. 2x counters is silly game design. Also I think it is stupid how it cancels Wrestle as well.

Personally I would like to see Juggernaut - Cancels Stand Firm, turns both down to push and push pow to pow. That way big guys would finally have a weapon against Blodge/Wrodge player. It would make the skill a bit more useful and wouldn't counter Wrestle and Fend which is just dumb imo.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

leap already works with dp. why should it need jugg?
 Jump to: