13 coaches online • Server time: 04:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill would you give this uber-agile player?
Dodge
39%
 39%  [ 17 ]
Pass-Block
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Leap
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Sure Hands
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Something else...
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Fire the bastard: AG6 sucks!
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 43

Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi I just got +AG on a AG5 line-elf. This means that for the first time in my bloodbowl-career I have an uber-agile player. My question for the more experienced pcoaches here is how to develop him from now on. I consider a couple of possibilities for this 6368 Block dark elf:

*doge: The main benefit of dodge will be that he will be able to dodge into a cage pick up the ball and dodge out safely again. An additional benefit is the added safety it provides the player. The drawback here is that at higher TR dodge will get negated by tackle quite often.

*Pass-Block: AG6 will mean he has a good chance of dodging towards the thrower/catcher and of course his chances of making a successful intercept are quite large. Drawback to this is that it will only be useful against agile teams and that he has to be within range. Furthermore without dodge he may still fail the dodges…

*Leap: Being able to leap on a 2+ and than either blitz the ball-carrier or pick up the ball seems to be a good advantage. Drawback: how often will you use this very specialized ability?

*Sure hands: Picking up the ball in the middle of TZ’s with a free RR as well seems quite nice. Drawback: how often will you use this very specialized ability?

Any ideas or comments are welcome. Comments on doubles as well btw.
This is the team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=132339
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a gutter runner with AG6 and his used as a ball-retriever and passer.
I got an AG5 with pass-block but the thing is that you need multiple pass-blockers really to cover the field and it works only vs elves mostly. Sure hands is a waste; that's what RR are for!

So go leap or dodge. Dodge still is good; most BG have no G-access (no tackle) and you fear mighty blow more than anything else.
But leap adds somehting you couldn't do before.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him alive first: block + dodge + sidestep?. Leap may (or not) be overkill on an ag 6 player, since you still have a 3+ dodge into the classic cage structure.

You would definitely use leap often, but your player will quickly die from it if you dont give him block + dodge first.

My two cents worth.

Oscar Wilde
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, dodge will keep him alive for more and you will also avoid some turnovers from nusty dodges with roll 1.
After that I would choose leap.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i would prolly go for dodge aswell, you can dodge into a cage with 3+. With dodge skill you will succeed 8/9 times. With leap you will succeed 5/6. Ofc if you have rr's to spare, leap is better in cage breaking. But dodge helps you in many other occasions aswell, even tho lot of bashy teams at least will have enough tackle to take him down...
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies. So far dodge seems to be the most popular choice. Could any of you that would fire the player explain me for what reasons you would fire him?
Btw other advice on this team's devlopment is welcome as well...
Frankie

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes... Elf with ag6... What's new? Give him dirty player! Twisted Evil
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

pass block perhaps. I think not a lot of throwers have safe throw.
 Jump to: