20 coaches online • Server time: 04:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well this thread is about picking a roster, yes? Or at least that is what you appeared to be asking.

The help thread has viable rosters. It doesn't have yours, because it's........daft. This doesn't mean it doesn't have much in the way of roster variation.

Sure, you could vary yours slightly from the variations there, however they're solid yet you wish to ignore them.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I like - 6 CDBs, 2 Bulls, 4 Hobgobs, 2 RR, 20k in the bank.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I was asking for advice on specific roster variations not shown in the help section. I'm sorry for trying to start a discussion about things not covered in the help sections. I was unaware that if it isn't there it doesn't exist. How terribly rude of me O_o

Also the lineup i was most suggested to take by other players also wasn't covered in the help section.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
I like - 6 CDBs, 2 Bulls, 4 Hobgobs, 2 RR, 20k in the bank.
See, this is the one i've been most suiggested to go with. Between this and not taking the 12th player anyway. Neither are in the help section and obviously if a lot of people suggest it it's not a silly roaster. So obviously this help section is not up to date or not foolproof.

So creating this thread was not pointless as i'd have never found this most suggested roster otherwise.

If something is not covered in any help section ofcourse i'm going to ask about it in the forums because bar none other players are the most valuable resource for information.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL!

Take all the CDBs, BCs and some Hobbos. Don't take the Mino. Watch others with a cup of tea, experiment yourself and have fun. The two best ways to learn are by doing and by watching. I often wonder quite how valuable 'playbooks' and the like are.

Engage big silly hats!
Qaz

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

For a Fumbbl build I would go the way JimmyFantastic suggested. If its for a TT no progression I would either go the same way or go with a mino and only one bull.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Tzij

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are new/inexperienced, I highly recommend starting with 1 bull, 6 blockers, 3 rrs and rest hobs. I don't recall if you can fit an apo in or not but i believe you can. Buy a bull after your first has 2skills. The extra RR will do a lot of good towards getting that first bull skilled.

I would ignore the mino entirely but he can have merit. Generally, I prefer him in a league environment but if you feel comfortable skilling a bull with 2 rrs, you can go 1 bull/1 mino. The mino is "best" when you lack a better blitzer. St 5 horns, frenzy is pretty nice at low TV. Jugg makes the blitzes relatively safe but Wild Animal and av8 sucks.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

both bbtactics.com and talkfantasyfootball.org are both great resources to draw from. bbtactics has a Chaos dwarf starting line up here

http://bbtactics.com/tv1000-chaos-dwarf-starting-roster/

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Think imma go 1 bull, 1 mino, 6 cdb, and 3 hobs. with 2 rrs. got 40k left over so can buy with an apoth or 2nd bull after the 2nd game hopefully. And 1 bull to start means i can hopefully skill him quicker. Although does mean he's a pretty prize target.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been wondering mainly cause i;m thinking of starting C.Dorfs for a rl league where we always start 1010K. So with my build i'd have that extra 10K for the third reroll but on here you always start at a straight 1000 so can't test the same build i'll be using RL.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2013 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Check this webpage. http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Playbooks.htm

Lots of playbooks for all races.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2013 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

went with 1 Mino, 1 bull, 6 blockers. After first game my Mino skilled off 3 cas so i gave him juggs. Seemed like the logical choice for a Mino. Always curious about first double on a Mino.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2013 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually block, but claws are also a popular choice, especially after you have juggs.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2013 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If i ever get that far Razz We'll see. And might just stick guard/MB on the blockers. same as regular blockers. No idea with the hobbies.Might just go for utility stuff like leader or kick.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2013 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If the first skill is a doubles, I generally take block. If the first skill is a normals I take jugg. If you have jugg, I generally like claw before block as it cements him into the blitzer roll. If you have block first and get a second doubles there are too many building options to go through them all.

Hobs are best kept trim. Kick, if you want it, leader, dp, maybe wrassle. A +ag hob can be used as a carrier. As could a +St. Have tried a ballhawk/safety hob and dislike it. Bulls generally do it better, especially if you roll +St. Leader is so-so.
 Jump to: