52 coaches online • Server time: 12:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mainhattan

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

hi there,

what are u thinking of developing Stars with as much as possible spp´s? Is this the only way to get a high tr?

or do you prefer developing your team on an average level?

what´s your game style to establish your tactic for the question above?

Thanks and cheers

Mainhattan
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

well hogging spp's on one player isnt recommended!

Spread out the spp,s pass with different players, score with different players. alll there is to it really! Wink
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2005 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

definatly.. look at any decent elf team... its lino's have 2-3 skills.... u can have THE BEST positional players out there, but if all u can feild is them cause your lino's are Ko'ed or worse due to they dount have block, then your in for some hurt....

get ya Lino's TDs when ever ya can, its a little bit more work sometimes, but in the long run it worth it... and for godsake!!! if your lino has the ball and he can score DO IT!!! rather than throw blocks first (within reason).... they TD you miss out on is 1 you will NEVER get back
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2005 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on the coach. Some coaches try to develope a winning team, while other coaches play just for fun.

I like to spread the spp's when possible, but I also like players with many spp's. It makes them more personal. And as in all sports, I like to experience different emotions. It's nice to see that Star doing some heroic stunts, and it's part of the game to see them when they get hurted.

And with some goblins or other tiny heroes, some players like to spread the skills, cos eventually they will get killed or hurt. But I just love a skillful gobbo trying to survive on the field Smile

Although it's nice to win games, but I'm not that competitive in bloodbowl. I just want to have good games, and sometimes a bad game in competitive aspect might be a good game in entertainment aspect.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2005 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Before you make a team, decide on what kind of team you want.

One can make a team with one player taking as many records as he can, usually leaving the rest of the team slogging behind and eventually causing it''s death...

You can also try to get certain type of players as much spp (such as black orcs) before spping the others... or just try to give everybody equal amounts of spp (elves mostly)

My skaven team, usually keeps his linerats fairly unskilled, while having stormvermin throwers and Gutters with skills. Works fine for me....

Anyhow..it''s all your decision =)

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2005 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, keeping team SPP development even can have one possible disasterous side effect - when everybody ages at about the same time. Just ask my dark elves...

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2005 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

well playing with a niggling isn't that impossible but when it happens it means start it all back or play with them even with n.

Nigglers should often be waived in R setting but in tournaments, let me doubt of it.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2005 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Opposite of dreadclaw...my skaven team does best when I develop the linerats to two or three skills before even purchasing my first gutter. At this point, the gutters let loose, and I don't care about the linerats advancement, unless MVP/cas cause them to get close to their next skill--say, within 5 spp. Then I'll refocus on getting them to score, but otherwise, it's whoever has the ball nearest the endzone that'll score, which usually means the gutters.

Same theory applies to my human and darkie teams...

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2005 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

This is exactly what i mean with different coaches different tactics... you see, my personal experience of the rats, has been that linos die...a lot. Getting them skilled up, causes me to use my apothecary on (cheap) linemen with flimsy av, little skill choices, and generally sucky stats... basically, a skaven lineman to me, is just a fast assister mainly. My gutter runners get dauntless a lot, making them the blitzers for long range, and my svs get the bashy skills like mblow and claws and such and guard. This way, i can let the linemen die, without it affecting my plays much. Therefor i keep my apothecary for more expensive players, who are just as armor fragile. After getting a dp rat and a kick rat your basically stuck to block tackle anyways....

I like my gutterscum to be a real nuisance, and it has so far worked efficiently enough for me to win 67, draw 12 and lose 33, not a bad record, considering most my losses were from recovering from lack of players (a thing skaven suffer from a lot...)

Just keep in mind...every team can win, just find the winning skill formula(e) for them.

For example, i have had successfull orcs with diving tackle on doubles, but also with the regular standing firm variety...

Most races can go different ways with their skill choices...pick your favourites (skaven excell at this with every skill tree available) And run it all the way...