21 coaches online • Server time: 05:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2013 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to fill the Blackbox Grid! I'm making good headway with Humans, and Chaos (my two current projects) then I'd like to move on to Goblins and Necromatic.

That being said, has anyone run a Goblin team in the box with much success? Given the TV based matchmaking, does that make having a large number of bribes difficult? Is there a good theory for running Goblins without a large number of secret weapons?
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2013 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Never run goblins in box, but would recommend taking the ball and chain at least. Good luck.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2013 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, you need bribes to make gobbos viable in CRP bloodbowl and you wont easily get bribes in the box.

The only way you can win I think is to run at very low tv, sack any gobbos that skill, run with max 1 SW and foul everything.

I have been thinking of bringing a new gobbo team after SzieberthAdam's lists reminded me of how much fun I had in lrb4 box with gobbos but its hard to see how you can get a decent crp record without being a total cheesemonger. If anyone has any better ideas I would be excited to hear them also.
fly

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2013 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i've filled the goblin slot in the box grid. expect to be pitch cleared every game and be conceded against once you start doing so yourself. success is a draw or not being cleared, because you barely get bribes unless you brawl. you could save money and buy a bribe each game, but that's still far from enough. i think there's coaches with better records, but i recommend fielding 2 trolls, the chainsaw and the fanatic. the pogoer is not much better than a standard goblin but is much more expensive. i have a goblin team without trolls, and it's not worse than those without. i think lugiak, roante and other coaches have more successful goblin teams in the box and i dare say it's not because of nuffle.
have fun
p.s.: any die roll can spell loss in a single digit.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2013 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure you have to be such a cheesemonger as stated above. However, you are playing stunties. You get a pretty big pass for that.

Every team has to use some team management. I would avoid fielding all of the secret weapons of course. A goblin heavy squad would do well I think.

I've not had great success with Gobbos in the box but I have had a lot of fun.
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2013 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins are always fun, no matter the environment.

Take all the toys, take as many players as you can, and you probably want 3 rerolls. That should be enough to start you off with 15 players and a bit left in the bank (20k)... 15 players means you can field one or maybe 2 weapons per drive and have a chance. Don't bother with an apo until you get a player worth using it on.

Then: activate, and hope you don't get dwarves (or to a lesser extent, chaos dwarves or norse). Anything else is doable.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2013 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I play Gobbos in the box and they are fun for sure.

I field all special players. Bombardier and Ball & Chain haven't done much for me, but Chainsaw and Pogoer proved to be totally awesome at times (and have won games on their own).

I'd recommend to enter BBB regularly, if your TV is low you'll get scheduled against another weak team - at least in the first round teams seem to be scheduled by TV (i. e. lowest 2 teams playing against each other).
astrosimian

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2013 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Spread your secret weapons out - don't field them all at once. Apoth only for trolls, never goblins - even superstar ones. Consider yourself lucky to induce one bribe a game. Foul like a cocaine-addicted badger. (Bombardier makes a good fouler)
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2013 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

astrosimian wrote:
Apoth only for trolls, never goblins - even superstar ones.

No.
astrosimian

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2013 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
astrosimian wrote:
Apoth only for trolls, never goblins - even superstar ones.

No.

Obviously opinions differ; like any advice take what you like. I'm a bit more callous with my gobbos.
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2013 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry too much about winning. Just get yourself an ag4 gob with sure feet and throw him on every single drive!
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2013 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Current BB setup negates Inducements...which makes Goblins unplayable.
my team is 2/0/51

http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=645051

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2013 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:
my team is 2/0/51

That's amazing. My hat is off to you sir. I'm thinking Fanatic, Chainsaw, Troll x 2, and 10-11 goblins to start, few re-rolls, cross my fingers and go!
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2013 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

ignatzami wrote:
KhorneliusPraxx wrote:
my team is 2/0/51

That's amazing. My hat is off to you sir. I'm thinking Fanatic, Chainsaw, Troll x 2, and 10-11 goblins to start, few re-rolls, cross my fingers and go!

Bomber costs as much as a regular goblin and has some added giggles thrown in. You can always use him as a normal (albeit one-drive) goblin for a few games until he gets a skill.

I would also strongly recommend the extra move and 3+ leap of the pogoer as being very very much worth it.