27 coaches online • Server time: 08:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post 8 Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really pissed off!

3 damn titles have been disappeared from my info because the league founders had the "brilliant" idia to click on the useless "delete" button!

This "delete" button should not be an option for the league founders that are not fumbbl admins.

Please remove it.
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree.

As the groups are run on private initiative and solely because the founder thinks it is fun, the founder should keep complete control over the present and past tournaments in his/hers own group.

Please keep it.

M

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah.. and besides.. i don't want titles from the instant or 4 team KO tournies on my page

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

This "delete" button should not be an option for the league founders that are not fumbbl admins.

Each of my leagues' "weeks" is a tourney. I delete them as soon as the week is over. Without it Id have a gazillion tourneys on my pages. well ......maybe not a gazillion

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint, what do you mean complete control? Keeping the history of your league has nothing to do with control, except if your are ashamed of it for some reason.

BunnyPuncher, if your problem is the 4 team KO tournies, I propose that they are autodeleted!
I don't care about 4 team KO tournies. Never played one yet. Or better, give the option of deleting titles to those that won them.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Quote:

Each of my leagues' "weeks" is a tourney. I delete them as soon as the week is over. Without it Id have a gazillion tourneys on my pages. well ......maybe not a gazillion

Wrong, you can have 5 tourneys max appearing on your page.

Take a look at http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2086

or at http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1347

or at http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=511

Last edited by Captain1821 on %b %22, %2005 - %02:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Mithrilpoint, what do you mean complete control? Keeping the history of your league has nothing to do with control, except if your are ashamed of it for some reason.

Well.. i mean control...the power to decide what to do with it. Lots of reasons to want to delete a tourney other than being ashamed of it. Freedom of choice for the founders and stuff. Afterall...its their tournament that you are lucky enough to play in. Let them decide.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

they want to delete a tourney for a reason? They tell it to an admin.
If the reason is ok, the admin deletes it Smile

edit:
When you create a league it is yours. But then people are spending time playing in it, competing, having fun and stuff. At that point the league stops being completely yours because nothing of this would have happened without the players. So you can't just go and delete something that isn't completely yours.

Last edited by Captain1821 on %b %22, %2005 - %02:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it´s a really bad idea to include admins as "judges" regarding something run on a non-official basis. They´re not superhuman, you know, they don´t neccesarily know everything about everything. Which means rules about when "it is okay to delete a tournament" should be made. Thats just plain unneccesary and not making it easier for anyone.

M

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just type "winner of the xxxx tourney" on your home page

Surely there is no great reason to need the tourney history to validate your claim.

Last edited by Mully on %b %22, %2005 - %02:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

A prime reason to join Drunk & Disorderly!

Silly tournament names on your info page!

(Tee hee hee)

Post 10 Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Just type "winner of the xxxx tourney" on your home page

Surely you are not vain enough to need the tourney history to validate your claim.

Well, as you can see above I'm really vain-glorius... should I be ashamed of it? Razz

It looks like that those replying first don't know anything about vanity and for that reason they don't feel what I'm talking about.

For me (and i believe for others too) the little unofficial silly titles at the info is what spices things up. It is one of the reasons to take part in a tourney, big of small. It is cool to see the titles when you look your info. It feels good. It is funny to show off the titles to your friends. It is nice to have a team with a won tourney linked at the bio.

Honestly, when I posted this thread, I never believed that there would be an admin to say "nice idea, we will remove delete".
But I believe that many league founders will read it and will understand why they shouldn't delete tournaments. The trophies shouldn't be thown away Razz
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I do never delete tournaments. Except if you win it. These one, I will.
Captain1821

Post 10 Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I do never delete tournaments. Except if you win it. These one, I will.

From your tournament I have good chances to win the NL season 2 TR 100-125 group 2. If I win it and you don't delete it, I'll let you win to our next game. What do you say? Razz
 Jump to: