16 coaches online • Server time: 05:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2014 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello fellow Stunty coaches. You may have noticed that the Fighting Cockerel Classic did not start in May of this year. Unfortunately there was some sort of World Cup happening over in Lustria, causing everything else to be put on hold. Additionally, organizers are rumoured to have blown the entire budget on pre-tournament banquets.

That, and myself and Shadow were extremely busy. We've been chasing the Stunty majors schedule since the revamp, never quite in sync with where the tournaments should be. So, to fix this the FCC will be skipped this year and we will focus on starting the Stunty Cup on time at the beginning of August.

I am also going to try and get the new version of the Stunty Handbook, with the Pro Halfings and minor roster tweaks out in the next few weeks.

WhatBall

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %09, %2014 - %19:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2014 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers WhatBall, keep up the good work.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2014 - 18:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Champion

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Just occurred to me that the Black Cup and the Lustrian are both due to start in August too. Would it be worth considering moving the SC to July? Not this year, as that is no notice at all, but in future? To avoid it being overshadowed/competing for spec and prep time quite so much.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 01:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It is kinda annoying that so many tourneys go on in August cos it's also when lots of folks are away on holiday. I can't enter any August tourneys this year

edit: And of all the August tourneys, the SC is the one I'll miss the most Sad
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that it could run in to the Necro, which is supposed to start at the end of October. I will have a look though.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well moving it forward to July reduces the chance of it running into the Necro too, another bonus.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I would suggest that a four-major a year schedule (approx. 3 months each) should have the least popular and prestigious tourney occurring during July-Sept., with the most prestigious occurring in the Oct.-Dec. time frame. The 2nd and 3rd best would be in Jan. to June.

So I would put them:

Jan.-March: Exploding Cup (what better way to start a new year than with a new team tourney?)

April-June: Necromiser's Nightmare.

July-September: FCC. (Or perhaps reverse this with the NN).

Oct.-Dec.: Stunty Cup (end the year with the big one, and if it runs into the other Major tourneys so be it, it's really where it belongs).

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The FUMBBL Cup runs October/November, and I do not want to conflict with that one. People will be away at different points of the year, so I don't see an issue with the current setup. The Necro starts on Halloween traditionally, and can run against the FC because it is one-off anytime games.

I am hearing whispers that a deal has been struck with the governing body in Altdorf to start the Stunty Cup in mid July. Expect an official announcement tomorrow, start readying your teams.