37 coaches online • Server time: 12:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jetliracer

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

As mentioned elsewhere in this part of the forum I'm part of a real life 4 team league. We've been looking for a cool piece of software or spreadsheet that can help us keep track of the league and all the cool stats such a league produces. I tried creating one myself in excel but I gave up - Sad

Anyone out there got a link to something great?

Thanx
-jetliracer-
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Check out League Manager.

This is the software that Christer originally used for FUMBBL before it was all automated. We used to have to hang out in the chat room after games waiting for Christer to show up so that we could tell him what we wanted for our skill rolls and he'd roll them with bowlbot. Smile

Anyway, once he no longer used it, Christer released the source code for people to play with. Matthias is the guy who has been working on continuing development with it. That's his site above.

Basically it is a java application that can make teams, divisions, and leagues; import .res files or manually entered match report data; and export the whole thing as HTML pages. You could then either print out your HTML rosters or if all your friends are computer geeks (in addition to gaming geeks... neither is intended as a bad thing here) they can just use their laptops on a small network. That's a special kind of cool.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks BMM!
Unfortunately I'm not enough of a geek to figure out how to run all that Java. I could use some help....

Alternatively - is there something else we could try out there?

Thanks again.
-jetliracer-
 Jump to: