15 coaches online • Server time: 04:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't suggesting you were moaning, just that that's what that thread is called!

If course, losing non Stunty players is an issue. Of course the much debated skill combination is a way of that happening. All I meant is that this is tactics, since when was attrition anything to do with that? Wink At least when the game is being shortcutted, Lizards have their own mechanism for shortcutting the game; strength and pace. Do Orcs?

If we're going down the road of tiny statistical sample 'personal experience', we really are in trouble. Very Happy

Anyway, all good fun. It's not like Lizards have many weaknesses, anyway. I shall take my rookieness elsewhere. Wink
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a fairly developed Lizard team in ranked and found it okay against elves. Hardest against clawpomb when it fires, but that goes for every team.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If nothing else, I'm sure we can all agree Lizards are cool. Are they the coolest top tier team?

I've not done the cool wall for years... I'm sure no access to Clawpomb can only help. Wink
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The NAF stats say they struggle vs Woodies in TT tourneys. I guess on here Elfs and Skaven have the best chance of beating them at low-mid. We all know the high TV answer!

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

That signature needs banning. Wink
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Bahahaha I love it!

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I asked mrt1212 questions giving my opinion.
It's clear that Purplegoo has something personal against my opinions and I don't know why. Not going to pick the bait.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I wasn't suggesting you were moaning, just that that's what that thread is called!

If course, losing non Stunty players is an issue. Of course the much debated skill combination is a way of that happening. All I meant is that this is tactics, since when was attrition anything to do with that? Wink At least when the game is being shortcutted, Lizards have their own mechanism for shortcutting the game; strength and pace. Do Orcs?

If we're going down the road of tiny statistical sample 'personal experience', we really are in trouble. Very Happy

Anyway, all good fun. It's not like Lizards have many weaknesses, anyway. I shall take my rookieness elsewhere. Wink

Well, you're entirely correct that there aren't many actionable ideas from this discussion. Other than "Foul more Saurus, the Skinks will sort themselves out"
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh behave. I've nothing against anyone's opinions. Don't be so defensive. Smile

I've no interest / need in forum beef. Far too old with too little time!
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I also think losing saurii (esspecially early in a match) is biggest problem. It streamrolls from there as you cannot really protect them much.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see Lizards getting owned in tabletop tournaments... they really need a tackle/mighty blow to keep the elves honest, and they aren't going to get that out of a skills package.

I'd say the biggest threat to Lizardmen are randomly bad KO rolls. Playing against Lizards, if you manage to get a couple of early KO/Cas on the Lizards and they don't have babes... well let's just say that's incredibly hard to come back from, unlike say orcs who can easily win without two of their BOBs.

Obviously losing two key players hurts any team, but the drop-off between the 6th Saurus and the skink on the bench is a lot bigger than someone else having to play a rookie lineman.

One of my ideas for making Lizards a little more competitive involved moving skinks to 0-4 and bringing in some type of generic lineman to help this problem. Won't ever happen of course, but sums up this weakness pretty well.

Last edited by Rat_Salat on %b %19, %2014 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweltering heat really annoys me.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

They need bt on the saurus imo. I got into the same discussion with Mr Hawkins during a game against his liz and early on I questioned his lack of bt. Cam, me old mucker, pointed out that it was only worth taking on sauri with dodge, to which I made an amazing joke at which we both laughed heartily, before making my genuine point that he was totally wrong. He then claimed to have run into no problems with such lack of bt in his previous 20+ box games and once again I was right back in there with a witty riposte before proceeding to tie up Hawky's sauri with rookies as I stormed to a thoroughly deserved and quite brilliant win. So there.
fidius

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, given that the secret to beating Liz is imo knowing how and when to babysit Saurus (and without player removal there aren't too many other options at low TV due to the ridiculously cheesy wall of beef they can trot out), I'd have thought BT would be key as well. But another way to discourage tagging up is to take MB on them early. There are probably ways to position Liz so that BT isn't necessary, but those methods are a) probably available only to top coaches, and b) probably won't work against top coaches.

I guess I'd say that AG1 is their weakness, but it can be mitigated by BT and (sub-optimally) Fend.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:

Obviously losing two key players hurts any team, but the drop-off between the 6th Saurus and the skink on the bench is a lot bigger than someone else having to play a rookie lineman.

This is really the main point I arrived at or was aiming to arrive at - the sheer cliff of utility between a Saurus and a Skink makes me think that I should focus my brutality on Saurus rather than Skink hunting.

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %19, %2014 - %20:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: