23 coaches online • Server time: 02:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SunDevil

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Jeffro. I look forward to seeing how they do as well, though I agree with earlier assessments that 2 million and up might not be their preferred playground. Wink

harvestmouse wrote:
Regarding the Gorilla, there are 2 players that are moderately similar in Stunty. The Alligator Warrior on Pygmies and the Moot Guard on Pro Halflings. The Pro Fling player particularly.

Neither player is very old (the Alligator Warrior we changed fairly recently from GA to SA) so there isn't that much data on them. For me, MB is a must as a first skill. Then probably dodge. Guard and SS would be my next skills, however DT would be interesting on this roster and you'll get the killer build too.

I'm both my FUMBBL and TT Simyin teams, I'm thinking about mass Guard/SS on the Gorillas, with doubles being Block or +ST. My plan (if it can be called that) is to play a control game where I Grab you where I want you on offense and I go where I want to on defense. You are probably right in that Mighty Blow has more practical value early but I am trying to break my Mighty Blow addiction. Smile
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone (X maybe?) posted a link to a breakdown of all the Simyin team performances, but I'm damned if I can find it in any of the League forum threads or know where the heck he got it from in the firstplace.

Can anyone find that info?

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

SunDevil wrote:
Thanks, Jeffro. I look forward to seeing how they do as well, though I agree with earlier assessments that 2 million and up might not be their preferred playground. Wink

harvestmouse wrote:
Regarding the Gorilla, there are 2 players that are moderately similar in Stunty. The Alligator Warrior on Pygmies and the Moot Guard on Pro Halflings. The Pro Fling player particularly.

Neither player is very old (the Alligator Warrior we changed fairly recently from GA to SA) so there isn't that much data on them. For me, MB is a must as a first skill. Then probably dodge. Guard and SS would be my next skills, however DT would be interesting on this roster and you'll get the killer build too.

I'm both my FUMBBL and TT Simyin teams, I'm thinking about mass Guard/SS on the Gorillas, with doubles being Block or +ST. My plan (if it can be called that) is to play a control game where I Grab you where I want you on offense and I go where I want to on defense. You are probably right in that Mighty Blow has more practical value early but I am trying to break my Mighty Blow addiction. Smile

The problem I have with this is, will they ever get there? I'd say you'd have to contrive a lot of plays to give them SPP to get 4 gorillas anywhere near 2 passive skills like Guard/SS.

Not to mention neither skill protects. With Nurgle Warriors and BoBs, it's always a great debate on whether to give them Block or Mighty Blow first. Block for protection and Mighty Blow to help with skilling. In this case, I'd argue that Block may help you skill more quickly anyway. However with the gorilla you do not have that option. So for me, the fact you are unlikely to get block early, makes them all the more harder to skill.

SS/Guard just gives you no help in getting anywhere. With dodge you have protection, it also gives him some emergency movement. With MB, it'll help thin down your opponent's team and help him build up the SPP. As it's a league team, I think these guys (gorillas) will never be too bloaty.

For me trying to get 4 of these (remembering that they'll take more pain than they'll dish out) goes into the same folder as retiring to Hawaii when I'm 40. I'd love that, but reality tells me it ain't gonna happen.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Someone (X maybe?) posted a link to a breakdown of all the Simyin team performances, but I'm damned if I can find it in any of the League forum threads or know where the heck he got it from in the firstplace.

Can anyone find that info?

Indeed, I did post it. It's from this page which is no longer directly reachable from the site. Then I clicked on the L tab, and added &race=72 to the url to get just the Ape teams. Then you can sort by any of the column headers.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
For me trying to get 4 of these (remembering that they'll take more pain than they'll dish out) goes into the same folder as retiring to Hawaii when I'm 40. I'd love that, but reality tells me it ain't gonna happen.

It will take some time and will mean carrying some injuries, but I think it is possible. I certainly see your point and could see someone giving them Dodge first and then trying for Guard/SS to help them live longer.

All just theory right now but worth a shot!
babass

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Even if they don't have access to general skill on simple (and block...) the gorillas are more easy to develop as blockers like black orc, saurus or nurgle warrior, as they could score (not that slow, and enough agile+extraarm)
 Jump to: