13 coaches online • Server time: 05:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to have the choice to always pick one of the Hive Mind's two most commen skills?
Yes, it makes team building way more interesting.
16%
 16%  [ 37 ]
No, let's keep it straight and always take the most common skill.
9%
 9%  [ 20 ]
I'm totally fine with either.
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
I don't like either option.
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Resistance is futile.
34%
 34%  [ 76 ]
Can we assimilate pie? It would make being a drone so much more comfortable...
31%
 31%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 220

PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Big goal for the Borg invasion idea

I think it would be fun and lead to a sort of meta game in the group to strive for this goal.

We keep track of each CRP roster and see if the group can assimilate every single roster positional player on all the CRP teams.

Have the stunty scout cubes show up yet? Assimilate all before them also in the Gamma Quadrant?

** Do not know which roster would be the stunty borg...but...I think we can figure that one out to. My vote: the Strig roster is the Borg stunty roster. Coaches who are jazzed about stunty Borg cubes need to come up with their own version of this for stunty using the Strig roster. **

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

4mea+

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Invasion Cube 001 encountered another High Elf vessel. Subjects were swift and agile, but we could assimilate one of them.

No new skills could be learned from the subject, but his body will be restored for later use or trade.

Complete data records of the encounter can be found here.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hive Mind and Assimilation Record on Group Page updated.

New Top Five:

Block
Dodge
Thick skull
Tackle
Dump off
tuomaa

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone yet whipped up a set of borg player portraits for common collective use?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

@fidius:
Bodies have to be given away by the Cube that has them in stock.

@painstaite:
Thanks for sharing a body!
About Stunty Leeg: Well, it would be interesting, but as you suggested, I'd leave it to the Stunty fanatics to come up with a persuasive roster.
Assimilating one of each race/position should indeed be a goal of ours, yes. I know some teams are aiming for this and have developed shiny tables to keep track. Maybe we can assimilate on of those...

@FRSHMN:
Thanks for updating! I think I already included PainState's Block elf, but I'm not sure. Should definitely never update without leaving a post.

@tuomaa:
Some of us are using the pic gjopie provided for the Marauders, but there are no pics for renegades and big guys yet, I'm afraid.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

@Rabe: Update was about tuomaa's chaos dwarf and my skill-less Lineelf. Should be alright and consistent with your update.

@tuomaa and others: I uploaded 16 different Borg pics last night found through a quick research in the other Hive Mind. Feel free to use them.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Report from Ranked Invasion Cube 001 encounter #13

Ranked Invasion Cube 001 made contact with new species: Nurgle.

Information acquired: Subjects refer to themself as Nurgle. Species consists of different subjects, most of them gone through a mutation process. Further analysis and assimilation of these mutations is recommended.

Threat assessment: Medium. Subjects differ in physical strength and durability. Weaker subject could be assimilated, but didn't add further information to the Hive Mind's skill pool.

Complete data records of the encounter can be found here.

Last edited by FRSHMN on Nov 23, 2014 - 18:47; edited 1 time in total
Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a couple of BORG themed player pics from my stash....feel free to use if you want Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
@tuomaa and others: I uploaded 16 different Borg pics last night found through a quick research in the other Hive Mind. Feel free to use them.

Neat, thanks!
And as a quick reminder for self/others how to use them:
Change Portrait -> Add "&owner=FRSHMN" to the URL (without the parenthesis) -> choose image from Borg folder
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Invasion Cube 006 - Encounter #004

Information:
Encountered a deep-space vessel crewed by eleven frog-like subjects.

Analysis:
All subjects possessed an ability to levitate which the Borg sought to acquire. Two had a self-righting mechanism that allowed them to strike even from a prone position.

Threat Assessment:
Minimal. No drones were harmed during the operation. The alien frogs however had limited armour and four were removed. One of them appeared to be ready to be assimilated, but was revived. A second was not revived and was rapidly assimilated by the Borg.

Outcome:
Favourable for the Hive. The assimilated subject was aware of the Leap skill and came equipped with Very Long Legs.

The complete data file of the encounter is available here

Last edited by knightsweats on Nov 23, 2014 - 19:08; edited 1 time in total
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hive Mind updated. Assimilation Records will be done soon.
ilpars

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Invasion Cube 007 - Encounter #002

Information:
Encoutered an enemy vessel with 5 Skaven units, 5 Goblin Units and 1 Troll unit.

Analysis:
Skaven units had animosity towards other units yet worked efficiently with them. No interesting new talents observed.

Outcome:
Battle failed to achieve any results. No assimilition.

The complete data file of the encounter is available here
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked invasion cube 5 encountered a ship known as IKS rotarran. After a fierce battle, the so galled klingon ship was driven away from ferengi space. ASSIMILATION WILL CONTINUE.

Ranked invasion cube 5. Score 5

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Being formerly known as Ensign Allyn Madigan of the USS Defender successfully assimilated in this encounter. Body transferred to Cube Depot in preparation for drone activation.
 Jump to: