85 coaches online • Server time: 23:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Helfs have speed going for them; 4 players with MA8 are most excellent!

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
Now i know I've heard everything. Dark elves are the team to go with against any random team! Please lol. Dark elves are the crapiest elf team and thats not even taking into account the non elf teams that kick the living crap out of them. The cooler paint job is nice and all but other than that darkies don't have jack or $hit going for them.

Dark Elves have the hardest time playing other elves , and the easiest time playing non elves , i managed to go about 10 games against non elf teams without losing using a dark elf team but the same team get battered when they play other elves .... (addmitedly I aint that great a coach )

A lot of Elf bowl players will agree with you no doubt though
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you look at the E.L.F., a group of elves who play non-elves regularly, you'll see that usually about half the teams are darkies, and most of the successful teams are darkies. Coincidence? You decide...

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

And don't discount frenzy jump-up that easily. Its a combination that forces the opponent to play differently than they otherwise would.
bardulf

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all:

I'm agree that the humans are the most balanced, you just have to take a look to starter box u have a HUMAN team an and ORC team, this means that eaven newbee players can manage these teams and make good things with them. As all can see in fumbbl statistics the three better teams aren't humans but they arent the worst teams so i must admit they are balanced, and a good team to start playing and find a way for playing.

In a random tourney I'll choose Orcs ,undead or amazon.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

bardulf wrote:

In a random tourney I'll choose Orcs ,undead or amazon.

Isn't it a little bit risky to choose amazons? They can beat many teams but what about dwarfs? If you'll have to play dwarfs at the first game, I think that your team will be slayed.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

CDs too, Captain. Maybe even worse... Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks all, i found many comments about this topic very useful
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Jack-of-all-trades? Definetely dark elves. They can bash and can do nasty things with AG4. I'd choose darkies.

The safest choice, however, IMO is orcs. They are darn strong and can handle the ball quite nicely.

Post 6 Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Orks! And I like to have at least 2 goblins in the team. They enlarge the tactical choice the orcs have.
They can field up to 9 players with strength skill access.
They can even hire cheap, cool and crazy secret weapons.

Glomp

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
inquisitorpustus wrote:
Orcs and the darkies are the most balanced.

Orcs can do pretty much anything (although they can't do any of it that well).
The darkies can pick apart and opponent weakness and ram touchdowns down their stinking throats.

Humans just suck.

Darkies are way to slow to be considered the best team to "pick apart and opponent weakness and ram touchdowns down their stinking throats". That honor would probably go to high elves which have pretty much the same durability as darkies but can play ball a lot better and have the movement to exploit your oponents failures.

Dark Elves have nearly all round AV8 in comparison to High Elves which allows them to fare better against the hittier opponents.

4 blitzers also allows them a good supply of hitting power aginsh both 'bashy' teams and especially puny ones.

High Elves are only marginally faster too:
-He = 2 MA7 blitzers + 4 MA 8 catchers
-DE = 2 MA7 Witch Elves + 4 MA 7 Blitzers

The witch elves also start with extremely usefull starting skills in dodge, frenzy, jumpup. They can become fairly devestating tactical units with multiple roles.

In essence darkelves can pull off pretty any type of play against the right opponent. They don't rely on any one player particulaly and have the flexibility to cope with pretty much any situation and a reasonable amout of player loss.