24 coaches online • Server time: 08:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Stunty race needing most balancing
chaos halflings
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
fairies
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
gnomes
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
halfling
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
nurglins
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
pygmy
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
skink
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
skryre Slaves
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
squig herders
24%
 24%  [ 15 ]
strigoyan
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 62

johan

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblin bombers, being Stunty, are so pitiful you simply shouldn't use them. Even Gnome Bombers need Pass/Accurate before their bombs even break even.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
For some reason, Goblin Cheaters aren't on the list. They get my vote, though, for being the ghastliest kind of crap in Stunty by a long shot

From the first post:
peikko wrote:
Goblin cheaters are not in this list for reason as Im trying to find out if there is alternative ways on solving their problems.

Its pretty obvious they have become not only unbalanced but impossible to play at the moment with 11 man rule. Specially versus teams that can actually score. There is couple options on getting them back to playable and Im searching one of those possibilities first.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Halflings, Halflings, Halflings ... fix fix fix
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
johan wrote:
For some reason, Goblin Cheaters aren't on the list. They get my vote, though, for being the ghastliest kind of crap in Stunty by a long shot

From the first post:
peikko wrote:
Goblin cheaters are not in this list for reason as Im trying to find out if there is alternative ways on solving their problems.

Its pretty obvious they have become not only unbalanced but impossible to play at the moment with 11 man rule. Specially versus teams that can actually score. There is couple options on getting them back to playable and Im searching one of those possibilities first.

Okay, thanks, I missed that.

Among possible easy fixes (which won't be enough, though):

* Remove Stunty on Bombers
* Add General access on Fanatics
* Increase to four Chainsaws (the good SW)

/johan
Dooby

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
peikko wrote:
johan wrote:

From the first post:
peikko wrote:

Okay, thanks, I missed that.

Among possible easy fixes (which won't be enough, though):

* Remove Stunty on Bombers
* Add General access on Fanatics
* Increase to four Chainsaws (the good SW)

/johan

I wouldn't like to play them with my AV6's thats for damn sure!
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a thought. Maybe after all of the recent changes it would be a good idea to restart this poll. Or maybe even have two polls one for which teams are the to good and one for which suck the most.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i second that thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

This poll had lifespan of 14 days, it should not be taking any new votes and if it for some reason does, ppl should know this poll has done what its job was. There is/was threads about balancing 2 most voted races. There wont be new voting yet. Stunty is goin to be as it is now for some time. This does not mean that youre not allowed to tell your feelings and thought if you think theres something needing twisting in stunty leeg. If you want to support stunty leeg, you might want to go ahead and play some playtesting game for some of the many stunty leeg proposal rosters too.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

To go a little off topic, i was just wondering if there is any place where all the rosters you are considering/take seriously a bit could be found. Just a quick list of whats out there so we could know what to play test with. I think that would be a big help plus let the people who don't read every forum post know what all is out there. Thanks in advance Peikko.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
To go a little off topic, i was just wondering if there is any place where all the rosters you are considering/take seriously a bit could be found. Just a quick list of whats out there so we could know what to play test with.

As all the rosters seem to be more or less changing I wont personally cut any of them out wholly. There has been some pretty, hmmm wild ones, but as ppl playtest them they might develop into something reasonable and there has been some fluffs that just are bit too much like smurfs Smile
Basicly any proposition can grow into nice balanced roster. Its you people who will make some of these see daylight in stunty leeg or not. What I personally value most is uniquess and roughly balanced rosters.
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

To go a little off topic, i was just wondering if there is any place where all the rosters you are considering/take seriously a bit could be found. Just a quick list of whats out there so we could know what to play test with. I think that would be a big help plus let the people who don't read every forum post know what all is out there. Thanks in advance Peikko.

thmbscrws, I am attempting to consolidate teams for playtesting... see the thread about the Stunty Compendium here. All interested coaches will be invited to playtest any of the new conceptual teams which have been submitted in a league that I will initiate in the 2nd week of March. Until then, everyone is encouraged to playtest any and all teams... any results submitted to me will be placed on the website. Since there is a lot of interest in your team, I'd encourage you to submit!

Details of the league will be forthcoming in March, but I will be updating the website (have a few teams to add) within a few days.

~hunter