26 coaches online • Server time: 02:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mitzufuss

Post 5 Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of curiosity and a knowledge that GW does not like other companies/ people/ children or animals using its trademarks, products ect. What is the deal that fummbl has worked out in order to use BB?

I did a quick search in archives, but came up with nothing. Sorry if this has been discussed.

Anyone know how GW feels about fummbl?
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

ever read what it says when you go to ski junkies page to download the client? the answers you seek lie there. http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl/

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly what Paul said. Also, there is a reason we can't all buy FUMBBL shirts and coffee mugs. This is purely non-profit and actually helps drive sales of BB, in a way.

Ironically, it was FUMBBL that got me to spend money on Games Workshop again (after a long break since the axeing of Titan Legions). I'll admit to trying it out before buying a copy of the boardgame... because I did go out and buy a copy... and a couple of teams... and some eldar to convert into an Elf team and... well... you get the point.

Given that we have at least two BBRC members popping into the forums occasionally (Galak and Babs), I think that qualifies as tacit approval. It's not GW Corporate but we all know that they are well aware of FUMBBL's existence.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya actually I agree with Mojo. Fumbbl did also get me back on the board game again. Its the only way I can avoid aging! Smile

Jeffro

Last edited by keggiemckill on %b %15, %2005 - %00:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i hadnt been buying games workshop stuff in years. then i got introduced to fumbbl and as a result it has rekindled my love of bloodbowl and warhammer (i realy hate 40k now cuz it sux big hairy monkey-nuts). i havnt been able to buy as much as i would like because:
a) i have a young family
b) i work 55 hours per week for minimum wage and...
c) the prices are rediculous in many cases (cue long old man speech about how you used to be able to buy a box of 2 plastic landraiders for a fiver) and everytime i do buy somthing i get an image of the whole g/ws team counting piles of money and cackling to themselves Wink
but, because of fumbbl i have bought things that i wouldnt have otherwise. damn them.... one day i shall break into their evil fortress and liberate my pennies.
oh and i also buy white dwarf again... just so i can look at all the pretty new models and plan what to do with my lottery winnings (when i do win)

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

If anything fumbbl promotes bloodbowl. And as we found in the poll a few months back, most of us have lots of teams anywho, just play fumbbl because for fun, not to replace tabletop.

I'ts certainly been one of the reasons for me buying teams and all the added things that come with it (glues and paints(although after bad experience with their hobby stuff I stopped buying their glue and paints)).

Squig

madmat70

Post 6 Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one am about to buy my FUMBLL team of Lustrians for tabletop gaming even though I have 2 teams of Dark Elves. Just ordered my Krox. So GW have certainly just made more money out of me.

Madmat
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
...Its the only way I can avoid aging! Smile

Either that, or roll high.

KeggieMcKill's sig wrote:
May all your rolls be ones.

Erm... nevermind. With your karma, that'll never work.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well now, thanks for the super quick answer. A friend of mine had a BB board he had made for sale on his website, and you can guess how that ended. Now it is a "fantasy Football" board for sale.

I really like fummbl glad GW sees fit to allow it to live....

I too have wasted huge piles of minium wage dollars on GW products and with the new Necromuda living rulebook, looks like I am doomed to spend more.

thanks again
Gertwise

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thread hijack,

So what's your friend's website that sells fantasy football?
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

www.Gameswrksop.net Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.addwargamingterrain.com its under football board
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I hadn't bought anything from GW for years, then I came across fumbbl...and now they have more of my money.

It's too bad that most of their stuff is so horribly expensive.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

In most countries the copyright law allows you to transfer the medium of something you've bought - so you can copy an CD onto MP3 perfectly legally - if you do so for your own (non-commerical) benefit and legally own a copy anyway.

Its that law that allows skijunkie & FUMBBL to operate. You must have a copy of the board game to play so you've already bought a licence to play ftf - and therefore can play online too.

BTW that isn't true in Australia Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

HAHAHA, its that short fat bloke with an uncanny resemblence to my least favourite Loony Tunes character again!
 Jump to: