24 coaches online • Server time: 12:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
...Hum I am no programmator but
x=int(100*random)+1
if x=1 then player1=nurglin
if x=2 then player2=....

The problem isn't coming up with the function to add a random player to the roster. Instead, the problem is integrating it into the existing structure of the site, testing it, making sure it doesn't interfere with the normal functions (you know, the ones used by everything else in the league?), etc...

As you are admittedly not a programmer, will you believe the suggestion of someone who is? If not, that's akin to telling your doctor, "I haven't been to medical school or anything, but all you have to do is hit me with that little rubber hammer and I'll be fine."

No existing stunty team has used any new skills because that's extra work for SkiJunkie and we can't commit his free time to our own whims. We've got that established already. The instabiliity trait is out. (As a suggestion for your own use*, perhaps giving all players OFAB and Thrall might be funny. "Pulling various midgets through inter-dimensional rifts tends to make them a little loco...")

By the same token, no existing stunty team has altered the way in which players are purchased, acquired, or advanced. Why? Because that's committing Christer's free time to do something for our own whims.

There is a very good reason why the stunty teams that did get into the Leeg use the existing rules.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile Guy just leave me alone, I am no big stunty fan anyway. I really don't mind that much if such a team is impossible to make.

at BadMrMojo: to justify myself:
->first post: I gave my proposal.
->second post: I stated that those "it's too much coding work" weren't really argumented.
->third one was born out of agacement to see that I am laughed by an admin...

That's all, I am not so convinced it is a good idea.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
->third one was born out of agacement to see that I am laughed by an admin...

muhahaaa Wink
Oh sorry, did not mean to laugh, just tried to make point why hoping some coding to be done for some team is not really option when remembering that theres only one guy coding the site and other one coding the client. There just is too much of little simple things so it doesnt matter how simple some small things would be.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile no problem peikko Wink I will simply foul you to death in next warzone Razz
 Jump to: