25 coaches online • Server time: 02:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RedBeardedDude

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Good Day Ladies and Gents,
i have a question about Wrestle. (Search function doesn't clear my question Sad)

-I block someone with Wrestle.
-Dice result is "BOTH DOWN".

may the defender use wrestle in my turn?
is a player who have the skills "Block, Wrestle" usefull? or is it skill wasting?

Thank you very much,
The Dude with the red Beard Smile
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, he may use wrestle if it is a skill on his player, much like using dodge when hit by pow/push. Block and wrestle together would seem a waste.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Merrick18818

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose Block + Wrestle could be handy for dumping Blodging ball carriers, but it's mostly pointless.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The player who has the wrestle skill chooses to use the skill or not to use it (same way you can choose to use any other optional skill)

The two skills overlap abit, it can be usefull having more options, but usually not worth it.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

A defender can use wrestle which is awesome (or annoying from the attackers pov) because the wrestler gets up on their next turn and the attacker is still down.

Some players may have good reason for wrestle and block but in general one or the other is sufficient. Maybe a Norse player who already has block would benefit from wrestle to become better at getting the ball down.
RedBeardedDude

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, many answers in few minutes.
you are awesome guys, thank you very much.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I've often wondered about whether block and wrestle would be an effective strategy. Being able to say "both down means either we both go down or we both stay up" seems semi-useful, but probably only semi. Probably only for blitzers and maybe Norse, who get block free anyway... so do dwarves, but I can't imagine a dwarf ever wanting to wrestle himself down.

I think I'll try it on a Norse team and report back? Or maybe not, I'll keep it in mind.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
 Jump to: