27 coaches online • Server time: 03:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity: Long term your record right now means nothing. Later you will not bash as well as bashers and you still will not Agility as well as elves, but live and learn I always say...When Bunny is done with you I'd like a game. Wink
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The existence/presence of "killer" skills which puts me off. It's the prevalence (in simpler words, the abudance, or having several). One or two of each skill will show a team which is ready to try anything; more than a couple will tell you something about your intentions with a team. Lots of passblock/tackle? You plan to play a lot of elves and high-octane passing games. Lots of dodge? More interested in team mobility and survivability to help frustrate opposing offenses. Lots of claw/rsc/dp? What do you think this person is more interested in?

Now, if it's a strong winning record, I'll still be willing to play. If I get hurt while you're trying to get at the ball, then bummer. But the team which has a terrible record and/or excessively high cas rate, you ain't interested in playing ball. And I ain't interested in playing you. Those are the teams I consider "scary".

As an aside, I'd be willing to play your orcs. Smile Esp after Bunny and Tod have had their way with you...Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Todfatha, My record with them seems to indicate I have a chance....

Quote:
Long term your record right now means nothing

Excatly, I have a TT Orc team with the excact same intention, and they rocked 17/2/3 and where my best team ever, but then they hit TR 200+ and suddenly they startet loosing like mad.

Couldn't outplay the ballplayers, couldn't bash the bashers... it was heaps of fun while it lasted, but my advise is to migle at least a few Mighty Blowers in there, when you start loosing it's to late.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity, 15 players on a Orc team is waaaaay too much. No need to go beyond 13 imho.

Get rid of the 0 spp lino to lower TR and I'd suggest to drop either the +ma lino or the goblin as well (but this could be a matter of discussion).

Just my two pence.
ps: my humans will gladly pay you a visit once you reach the 180-200 TR range.

Cheers
Jan

EDIT: "my humans will gladly pay you a visit once you reach the 180-200 TR range" ... OR WHEN MY HUMANS WILL DROP BACK AT TR 170 OR LESS... I forgot that possibility. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i don't know what the term 'cherry picking' is meant to represent,
but it seems obvious to me that people are only going to accept challenges that they are comfortable with.
i'm only just starting out and have an amazon team in rated.
i get asked to play against bashy teams all the time.
where's the incentive for me to play a team who are gonna kill or seriously injure a couple of players.
so i'm obviously gonna say no.
go ahead keep asking cos i don't mind continually refusing to play you
if i accept your bashy proposal and get murdered shame on me my choice.
but if you're asking to play teams you can obviosly smash to little bits, and when they politely decline, start haranguing them about being cowards or cherrypickers then shame on you.
there's nothing wrong with accepting or declining offers of matchs if you're not comfortable with the odds, thats just common sense.........
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazons will outplay MOST bashy teams in the 100/160 range. Just avoid Dorfs. Very Happy

BTW: THIS is cherrypicking... Look at his games played... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

must admit that it is.

I think that's good job.
Wombats

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle is going to have you knocking down blodgey elves more often even if it would hurt more often with MB.

It's like the Claws vs RSC argument - Better to get lots of KOs and Stuns which help you win than one SI or RIP which may as well have been two stuns for all the difference to your chance of winning it that player makes.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I don´t mind meating you Mac. But I wonder if your team will make it when they reach 200TR/TS.

I don´t have a problem with a claw here and there.It´s when you have 4-5 that the pattern gets visible. There ARE other physical skills than claw you know. Same goes with DP. I don´t mind one...but three??