51 coaches online • Server time: 16:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2015 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all stunty coaches,
I rarely played with the Forest Goblins, but during the 1st Exploiding Cup match I noticed what I think it's a bug:
https://imageshack.us/i/idJ0aDf4j
So I was trying to dodge with a Stikka (that has the Stunty trait), all dodges should be 3+, but if you look at the screenshot, it is not in the client.
Am I missing something? Maybe the stab negates the stunty trait? Very Happy
I tried to find something on the forums but I had no luck (or I can't search..eheh)
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2015 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret weapon negates stunty's positive traits.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2015 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a known bug, it has been reported before.
It only applies to the Stikkas though as Eshin stabbers can dodge in on a 3+.
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

From the manual:

"Stunties that are armed with a Secret Weapon are not allowed to ignore enemy tackle zones, but still suffer the other penalties."

It's not a bug. Wink

(And Eshin stabbers don't have a SW, do they?)

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2015 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Eshin and Skink adepts have Stab, but do not have 'Secret Weapon', so they can dodge thru TZs like normal stunties.

Stikkas, Saws etc. have 'Secret Weapon', so they cannot. It's a fluff/ balancing feature, the same way Horror bombers don't have a penalty roll but other bombers do.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2015 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, and I also looked in the manual!!! Rolling Eyes
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, sounds like i was totally wrong on this one, i reported this as a bug some time ago and am sure I was told it was on the list of known bugs.

None of them have the skill 'Secret Weapon' so it never crossed my mind that just because some players have to make a Secret Weapon roll and some don't that that has anything to do with dodging.

That is very interesting, seems extremely rough for the Forest Goblins, their daggers are treated like Chainsaws while everyone else has undetectable, super dodging versions. Well i guess i learned something about Stunty Leeg today.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, they're not daggers, they're spears. A lot harder to conceal and a lot harder to carry around in traffic..

You also get four of them on a team that has relatively good linemen and multiple other positionals, so it's not exactly the end of the world that they have a couple drawbacks. Forest goblins don't seem to struggle too much as a result, right?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

@Mossbeard, no one (Stunty anyway from what I've checked) has 'Secret Weapon' listed on their team page, look at the character profile during a match. That's where you'll see it, and I believe it's what prompts the SW roll after a drive.

The primary reason FGobs have SW whereas other stabbers don't is their teammates, namely the Spider and Shaman, give them other tools to breaking cages (pinning or gazing players). Eshin and Skinks don't have anything comparable.