46 coaches online • Server time: 01:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

/me waits dilligently for the admins to sensibly lock this thread...Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't pick the cherrys! Eat the whole cake! Otherwise you miss the best.

LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

can i portray another aspect of 'cherry picking' people don't see?

the cherry picker normally plays against teams he/she thinks they can beat... cherry pickers normally go for someone with a lower TR and CR than themselves, so inadvertedly, their own CR goes too high for their standards.

then u have people like me... sorta learning, playing coaches with high CR a lot, with the result that i'm learning fast, and losing lots! and my CR is nice and low...

so, what happens, when the cherry picker sees me as an easy target?

*snicker* (insert painful comments here) /hurt

depends on how u look at the whole cherry picking system... at the end of the day, an elven coach either gets beaten up, or lives to tell the tale... maybe there are fewer elven teams created coz the coaches already have the ones that want, which haven't met a horrible yet?

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Wizard

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=126573

I like to think i dont cherry pick... i just play whenever i can. I prefer my CR to be low, becuase when my CR was up at 159 you simply dont get games for hours. (BTW the last 3 games dont count! it was a tournament - i was the only team that WAS NOT a wood elf)

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Tor_AlKir wrote:
I'm not sure this and 'Cherry Picking' link in some manner but soon enough everyone will have nothing but strength teams loaded with DP/Claw?RSC/MB so the point will be moot.

I don't see how that'll happen, after all.. nobody will play the DP/Claw/RSC/MB teams to get their DP/Claw/RSC/MB teams going...

The mind boggles.. Wink
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

When a bashy team challenges a non bashy team does that instantly make him a cherry picker? If the tr/st are close enough to be a legit match up then simply say no kindly and move on. Another note, me personally I don't hardly look at the opponents coach ranking. I look at the teams. Sometimes people look to deeply into things. Of course this doesn't mean that there aren't coachs out there that try to abuse new players. But please, don't overreact. Lets just try and have some fun.
 Jump to: