47 coaches online • Server time: 23:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

Elijah

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2015 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Also there is disagreement over what "improvement" would be. Coaches are divided over which is the best rule set, what teams are too strong / not strong enough, changes that should/shouldn't have been made to teams, etc.

There is a great deal of disagreement over changes that have been made in "other" video game versions of Blood Bowl. There is huge variety of opinion over Khorne, Apes, Bretonians, etc.

The BBRC was "official" in their changes, and the community still wasn't behind them in all the changes they made. For that reason, I don't think that applying house rulings to one of the major ways the game is played is a good thing.

You're probably right, yes. It is a pity the ruleset is not still being update, though.
Elijah

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking looking at the Create New Team in the Stunty Leeg teams lists:

why don't we have a sort of "Experimental Official BB Teams League" where, like in the stunty leeg, slowly and steadily new rules could be experimented and teams modified? So maybe after a while, with testing and months, months and months, we could apply those changes to the official ruleset, if like 90% of the community (or if the admins decide to have a more TOP decision-making, which is fair enough, if the 90% of admins say yes)approve the changes?
I'm imagining some sort of crazy laboratory, where most of the potions make the laboratory explode, but when the right mix is made it could be adopted as a new positive mutation?

What do you think?
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ChenZhen wrote:

Also there is disagreement over what "improvement" would be. Coaches are divided over which is the best rule set, what teams are too strong / not strong enough, changes that should/shouldn't have been made to teams, etc.

Not a problem really. The two changes that Christer was considering would have been a reasonable start for the Black Box.
The problem is that some people don't want any changes. Even (especially?) changes that might improve the Black Box.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Elijah wrote:

why don't we have a sort of "Experimental Official BB Teams League" where, like in the stunty leeg, slowly and steadily new rules could be experimented and teams modified? So maybe after a while, with testing and months, months and months, we could apply those changes to the official ruleset, if like 90% of the community (or if the admins decide to have a more TOP decision-making, which is fair enough, if the 90% of admins say yes)approve the changes?
I'm imagining some sort of crazy laboratory, where most of the potions make the laboratory explode, but when the right mix is made it could be adopted as a new positive mutation?

What do you think?

Loads of Nope.

When did democracy ever help things?

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Democracy is mob rule.

The best run organizations (in my personal experence) have one guy calling the shots.

Luckily we have that here on Fumbbl.

Hail to the king the baby!
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Elijah wrote:

What do you think?

Loads of Nope.

When did democracy ever help things?

Yeah, this is as good an idea as the BBRC

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
Democracy is mob rule.

The best run organizations (in my personal experence) have one guy calling the shots.

Luckily we have that here on Fumbbl.

Hail to the king the baby!

Man, you've been lucky. I've had the misfortune of working for a few sole proprietors - they don't know what they don't know and they are defiant about that ignorance.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

@mrt1212: A good leader listens to his people (common sense, eh?).
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
Democracy is mob rule.

The worst run organizations also tend be run by one guy calling the shots...

I think democracy is more about not having spin everything out of control, rather than looking for the best possible leader.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:
Democracy is mob rule.

The worst run organizations also tend be run by one guy calling the shots...

I think democracy is more about not having spin everything out of control, rather than looking for the best possible leader.

/avoids the too-obvious affirmation.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Democracy is about letting the people choose the idiot who ruins everything.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard that the bbrc will temporarily reform and issue an errata of the killstack for BB2 Cool
Throweck

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
I've heard that the bbrc will temporarily reform and issue an errata of the killstack for BB2 Cool

April fools don't count after midday (which will only apply to some of us at the moment - thanks K)dude! Wink

Last edited by Throweck on %b %01, %2015 - %14:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
Roland wrote:

April fools don't count after midday dude Wink

it's still morning in some places.

If was true it would probably only be what Plasmoid has put on his web page.

They said that they would 'like to see it tested'.
As O[L]C commish I'd say even with those nerfs it can still get out of hand if a coach is a dedicated CPOMBer.

Definitely an improvement though.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact the nerfs can be so big that gobbos take the first place. Gotta nerf the goblins and up the cpomb!
 Jump to: