45 coaches online • Server time: 12:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

--- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash ---

Coach Rabe nominated as "FUMBBLer of the year 2514"!

With the end of the year on the horizon, the FUMBBL community for the first time chooses its coach of the year. Fourteen have been nominated, for various reasons. Among them is Agility Monsters head coach Rabe, although not recognized for his tremendous success with FUMBBL's most famous dwelfballers, but for his rather dubious connection to the Borg collective that recently started to invade FUMBBL.

Rabe: "I have no idea what the guys are talking about! I clearly deserve to win this obviously, but I don't know anything about Burg... Brog... whatever!"

--- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash ---

Post   Posted: May 25, 2015 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Rabe: "We jam on the breaks!"

The morning after the last GLT Swiss qualifier game, head choach Rabe gave a short media conference:

"These four games have been intense and rough, but we knew what we were getting into. We didn't expect to end up last of all those 16 teams, especially with contenders like the Dirty Cranberries.

We jam on the breaks now. Some players have breathed a wish to retire. Some big names among them. I won't say more now, but leave it to the guys and girls to give more information.

It's safe to say that the Monsters are working towards a new chapter in their long team history. It needs some time though. We hope to play some relaxed, casual games now, aiming to set personal records rather than winning tournaments. It'll take a long time until we will be able to say, that we a ready for the Majors again.

No further comments for now!"

Merro retires

Merro Clawcutter retires after 21 games. Ever since his collar bone got smashed 12 games earlier, playing "has become a burden", he stated. And while he was willing to pull through with it for a while, the late death of Joki had shown him that retirement is not the worst way to leave the pitch. "Although I must admit that continuing one's career as a player for the Dirty Cranberris is rather cool..."

Rhoda suffering from back pain again

With the hard hit Rhoda took in her last game, the effect of the magic sponge seems to have ended. The special item had been used almost 50 games earlier to heal - or, as it seems, only suppress - the pain she was suffering since a severe back injury.

Asked about the impact on her career she just smiled and said: "Time will tell. For now I'm still here - there are records to be broken and badges to acquired. And as I have heard, I'm considered a living legend... Can't retire just yet, right?"

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Brumbas acknowledged as "Legend" by FUMBBL!

This morning, Brumbas Soildigger, the last original Agility Monster received an unexpected official letter: FUMBBL submitted a certificate, that honored him as "Legend". The training was interrupted and the team went to its favorite tavern to party, while the management hastily published an announcement.

Head coach Rabe: "I am extremely proud! Brumbas is only the third of our players to receive the honor and with 242 games on his back and being a stalwart of the team, I'd say he has already earned it a long time ago!"

Brumbas: "Well... I'm flattered. It won't change anything though. Well... maybe a look at the certificate helps me to get back onto my feet faster in rough times." (laughs)

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight: Agility Monsters Allstars vs. Cryptic Apocalypse Legends!

Remember Utep, Ramnah or Namosz?

Watch in awe as both teams' greatest past and present players unite to face each other in a showdown of epic proportions!

Click here for the announcement!
And here for the Agility Monsters Allstars lineup!

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Game is starting now.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Aww pity it didn't start when scheduled Sad Came online just to watch it

EDIT: Oh it's on now! Joyousness!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2016 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Nogli earns "Passer" Badge

The Monsters' most successful and current quarterback Nogli Jasper-Eye has tonight been honored with a prestigious FUMMBL Badge: In a friendly game against some Dark Elves, he managed four completions - enough to bring his score up to 100, the prerequisite for the "Passer" badge. He thereby became the first dwarf in Ranked (at least during the CRP era) to receive it, only beaten by Blackbox legend El Jefe II.

Congratulations, Nogli!

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:

Nogli earns "Passer" Badge

The Monsters' most successful and current quarterback Nogli Jasper-Eye has tonight been honored with a prestigious FUMMBL Badge: In a friendly game against some Dark Elves, he managed four completions - enough to bring his score up to 100, the prerequisite for the "Passer" badge. He thereby became the first dwarf in Ranked (at least during the CRP era) to receive it, only beaten by Blackbox legend El Jefe II.

Congratulations, Nogli!

But it didn't take you 119 games! Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice feat, congratulations!

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! Smile

the_Sage wrote:
But it didn't take you 119 games! Wink

True! And if he manages to play on for a while without major injuries that hamper his passing skills, he should be able to overtake the #1 spot. *knocks on wood*

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

There was that runner in the old days (like 2004) that had a bunch of completions. No way to find him to check his records, though.

Unfortunately racial top lists don't include [X] division records, and there are no dwarves in the top-25 all time passers (yet).

Anyway, it's quite likely that this is the passingest dwarf of all times, so go get push that record higher! Only 94 more to enter the all-time all-race passer top-25! Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I know its not how you roll Rabe, but it is almost worth firing everybody but your 2 key players (Brumbas, Nogli) and rebuilding at lower TV. Your team would be quite competitive down there even with so many loners, and it'd allow you to build up some serious finances.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
I know its not how you roll Rabe, but it is almost worth firing everybody but your 2 key players (Brumbas, Nogli) and rebuilding at lower TV. Your team would be quite competitive down there even with so many loners, and it'd allow you to build up some serious finances.

I don't think the Monsters' primary objective ever was to be competitive. The team has character and that's what defines them. Although I'd agree that a 20+ games no-win streak can eat anyone's morale.

Gotta love that MA2-shadowing longbeard!

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I've taken this into consideration multiple times. Not only because of the vastly increased competitiveness (which I don't scorn at all), but also because I'd be able to build up new, interesting players. Especially since I started playing the Allstars, I'm even more fond of this idea - since now players like Rhoda and the Deathroller have a great place to be remembered and would still be able to enter the pitch. Smile

Only firing some players (like the roller, who is a real burden since I'm guaranteed to lose a player for at least one half every game) is not really an option, since mid to high TV is a tough environment, too, and for a real rebuild I'd need to get out of Spiraling Expenses area for quite some time (and I'd really like to have a deep bench *dreams*).

Then again, while Rhoda is not an exceptional player skill-wise, she is a multiple record holder, could earn some nice badges soon-ish and has the chance to enter some top lists where no dwarf has gone before. And last but not least I currently have three legends on the roster and at least Baruk is not too far away from legend state. I doubt I'll have a better chance to earn the 5-legends-on-one-team badge any time soon. Very Happy

So for now I'll stick with the roster as it lives and dies, keeping them eligible for the Majors (TV-wise).

Edit:
I wasn't even aware we haven't won for such a long time. Thanks for pointing it out and thereby hurting my morale! ;-P

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Baruk plays his 100th game

Baruk Faithchanger, the leaping Blitzer, recently played his 100th game. Even on a sturdy, long-living team like the Agility Monsters, this is no minor feat: He is now in line with Brumbas Soildigger (245 games), Rhoda Mithrilheart (202 games), Groin Lighthammer (140 games plus 45 games in his career as blocker) and Grimbald Ironfist (116 games, R.I.P.). He is thereby also the 6th oldest active Blitzer in Ranked and the 8th of all time. Congratulations!

Jump to: