17 coaches online • Server time: 06:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Biff

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the things I really like about Blood Bowl is the setting. The official game takes place in a world similiar, but not identical, to Old World where Warhamer Fantasy Battle och Warhammer Fantasy RPR takes place. Most of you, if not all, are aware of this.

However, most teams ive played dont seem to belong in the Old World. I might be a conservatist but I´d rather play Old World teams (not the mixed ones...Wink)

So, my question is, is there a league, a Imperial Premiership, open only to true Old World teams or am I the only one whos looking for one?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest I don't understand your point. I have been a tabletop Man O War player for years, and I have fleets representing dwarves, humans, orcs, skaven, chaos, chaos dwarves, elves, dark elves and undead. Most of the teams I play here on FUMBBL or tabletop Bbowl represent these same races (stunty leeg sorta excluded there:P).

As far as I can see the mix of races in Bbowl is a perfect representation of what is common practice in the Warhammer environment.
Biff

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

You missed my point. What I mean is that lots of teams are called names like "My dog is HOT!!" and such filled with players called "Fidel Castro". Its nothing wrong with that, its just that i like the pure Old World concept more fun.

I would rather play Averland Avengers than 1000 Reasons To Fly, if you get my point.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I know what you mean Biff... I started with a team of Wood Elves all with "Old World" sounding names... ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=62451 ) but I quickly found that everyone else had done the same thing and it was all rather boring... so, it is fun to come up with something different, or a nice theme... eg my Chaos Dwarf team based on transformers, with pictures and everything... cool... ok in my view cool! : http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=118030

Each to their own I suppose...

Last edited by Wotfudboy on %b %28, %2005 - %15:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Ash

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you... i will be glad to see more RP in team's names and player's names.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I did indeed miss the point. Confused

Now that I do, being guilty of exactly this offense I disagree. I like to play fluffy teams with silly names and add silly pictures. I think it helps all of us who sometimes take the game too seriously (myself included) to suffer the occasional dicerape with a smile (or in my case slightly less bitching).

Since Bloodbowl is IMHO the Warhammer game that is the furthest away from the RPG/D&D origins of the Warhammer family I don't find it disturbing at all.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It all depends... i play a game where i have real oldworld like players and teams, and non-oldworlders.

For example, my halflings and skaven are very much oldworld like (Cookie Crumblers return and Beleaguered Vermin) Both have Names appropriate to them... but my lizzies for example are all booze names (Drunken Dinosaurs)

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
so, it is fun to come up with something different, or a nice theme... eg my Chaos Dwarf team based on transformers, with pictures and everything... cool... ok in my view cool! : http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=118030

Each to their own I suppose...

My point ecaxtly. Thats why I would like a league for Old World teams so I dont have to face your transformerteam. Wink

I do find it a bit fun buts its not blood bowl for me.

So, is anyone interested in a Old World league/cup/tournament/whatever?
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't there just a thread somewhere, where Renegade recruits coaches for a league, based on Warhammer fluff?

Jump to: