22 coaches online • Server time: 06:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill to give the thrower?
Nerves of steel (it´s coool)
16%
 16%  [ 16 ]
Strong arm (it´s that much better than accurate, or get both)
55%
 55%  [ 54 ]
get the MA upgrade (that extra square make the difference)
25%
 25%  [ 25 ]
Leader (and leave him in a secure backfield position)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mighty blow (?)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
other
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 97

CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I would agree with BMM except for one thing: I have developed an almost clinical paranoid regarding ageing. When it comes to throwers, I see no particular reason to avoid making two who do the same job, since one is bound to age into uselessness sooner rather than later, leaving you with the following passing game: Doodley-Squat. While DE make a rather compentent running game as well, haivng the passing threat will force your opponent to divide his forces somewhat, and open up new chances for scoring, both on offense and defense. If you have the opportunity to make two great elf throwers on the same team, I'd do it every time.

Not that NOS is a bad skill, and combined with SafeThrow and Dump Off would make him a great Defensive asset, but I've found that my 'defensive' throwers tend to either be largely innefectual or dead - given that they need Blodge to mix it up, but need other passing skills to be reliable. And by the time you've got enough SPP for both, you can be pretty sure he'll have aged. Keeping a running cycle of offensive throwers in the backfield and leaving defense to a well rounded Blitzer/WE/Lino squad has always seemed the best route for DE, IMHO.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

*shrugs* My bad, thought it worked on everything. In that case, I go back to my original answer of strong arm.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is most definitely a very nice skill, then just use him as a regular lino. guards make DE so much better.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
I would agree with BMM except for one thing: I have developed an almost clinical paranoid regarding ageing. When it comes to throwers, I see no particular reason to avoid making two who do the same job, since one is bound to age into uselessness sooner rather than later, leaving you with the following passing game: Doodley-Squat.

I always thought that an ag4 player with pass would still be a big enough threat for your opponent to still bother with worrying about you having a slight passing threat even if said thrower doesnt have accurate
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Take Strong Arm. Naz is right that the passing threat is there with a rookie DE thrower already, but developing both will help keep your game safe and spread SPP.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Strong Arm. NoS will just make you hypnotically make a throw next into an opponent. Have your thrower end his turn with a long bomb AND next to an opponent is inviting a boot in the skull 9 of 10 times. with SA you can just lounge back and wait for a hole to open it and zing away
Hoodeddwarf

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2005 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd suggest the clue was in the title, if you see this guy as a rookie thrower then take strong arm. I can see the point of people saying guard and +MA, and that would help the team as a whole, but you'll kick yourself if you don't take strong arm when your main thrower gets killed or picks up a niggle, SI etc
 Jump to: