28 coaches online • Server time: 09:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for the 2 main divisions merging back together or at least the site. If that happened then yes then merge XFL. As for all the other tournies then yeah sure.........but do coaches like box and ranked majors? I'd go with the flow on that issue.

However I don't think merged XFL is fair or productive until the 2 divisions share more common ground.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I'm all for the 2 main divisions merging back together or at least the site. If that happened then yes then merge XFL. As for all the other tournies then yeah sure.........but do coaches like box and ranked majors? I'd go with the flow on that issue.

However I don't think merged XFL is fair or productive until the 2 divisions share more common ground.

Well, Blood Bowl isn't fair or productive either, so that sounds perfect...

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Waiting a month is not exactly "instant" though is it? You may as well just play a Brawl.

An alternative is to free up the teams straight away. Maybe say that you need to win three mini smacks for the chance to play another three time winner for a medal.

That encourages defeated teams to keep coming back. Brackets would need to be pretty wide though. If you were going to have brackets at all.

Fine with me. Wouldn't be a smack anymore really but any instant format works.
We just need some fun instant back and most ideally for the box/mixed.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

The level of intrigue surrounding who comes out on top between Ranked and Box in an XFL format sustains me for months at a time. How is that not productive?
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in the grounds of keeping XFL separate but once the mechanics of the site allow for easier cross over set-up and running of tournaments then there is no game affecting reason not to run the RRR as they all start as Rookie (0 games) teams, other than the fact that the FUMBBL Cup is the sole tournament that allows it and is rather close to our glorious leaders (C not ea!) heart.

As for my wishlist: FACTION!! </sarcasm>

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

The level of intrigue surrounding who comes out on top between Ranked and Box in an XFL format sustains me for months at a time. How is that not productive?

There's no intrigue. Teams you have to build e.g. elves win for Ranked. Teams that building the most killing combo where you can't get games in ranked e.g. Chaosy win for box. There's no intrigue, there's no level playing field. If you want to win an XFL you will then add elements to the divisions that neither need. Picky Elves in ranked, Bashy Chaos in Box. No thank you, keep them separate (for now).
cdassak

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

For Elves obviously Ranked has a huge edge.
But for Bash, I think the scariest teams are in Ranked and in any case, Box doesn't have such an edge.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

A big thank to PC for his past time efforts, and good luck EA!

As for the official tournaments topic: Are not they too many, especially with the NAF tournaments around? Are the coaches not wide spread over the current tourneys? I feel they may are.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Mildorf knows something fishy is going on and he is going to get to the bottom of this scandal and expose what is really going on.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have thought the same, but we should consider:

Are the tournaments suffering or becoming unpopular?
What if they were grouped with incentives in some way?

The site certainly isn't taking advantage of modern day incentives. Such as awards. The fact that there is an unofficial 'awards' set is clearly a missed opportunity.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the hard work PurpleChest.

Welcome aboard Mr. Easily.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

R/B Tournament play IMHO will not increase by a large amount regardless of any changes made to them. A small % of the player base plays in the open tournament scene. A smaller % plays in as many as they can get into.

So, ideas to increase participation by, lets saying merging R/B XFL's. Will it really increase the # of coaches applying teams? My gut says not that many more coaches would enter that would most likely not apply a team.

Both R/B are flooded with brawls/smacks,minors and majors. They are going off all over the place.

You could make a case that to increase participation the best option is to reduce the amount of tournament action in R/B.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

XFL has the most boring format of all tournaments (mirror games only) and since XFLs already take up a big chunk of the total number of tournaments/year I don't think doubling the amount of XFLs is a good idea. Halving them would be better (2 years to complete a circle instead of 1 year) and would also increase the interest in them and the value of winning them.

So regarding the amount of XFLs I suggest either leave it as it is or halve the amount.

Regarding access to XFL for blackbox teams I think a merged XFL for both ranked and blackbox teams would be a good idea but if that's not possible I suggest deciding randomly for every race which division the XFL should take part in.

The XFL Masters could then probably be merged like fumbbl cup because that one happens only once per year.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

There's no intrigue. Teams you have to build e.g. elves win for Ranked. Teams that building the most killing combo where you can't get games in ranked e.g. Chaosy win for box. There's no intrigue, there's no level playing field. If you want to win an XFL you will then add elements to the divisions that neither need. Picky Elves in ranked, Bashy Chaos in Box. No thank you, keep them separate (for now).

Wet blankets are wet.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

welcome and congrats

gl with the whining!

Jump to: