51 coaches online • Server time: 20:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a go with CFlings. Won a game but they didn't really grab me, but I guess I could try them for a bit. You do seem to see a lot of them though. I suppose you see a lot of them too. Nurglings were OK but I dunno. And I feel like Gnomes are cursed so I won't go there again...

It's a tough call, I suppose when it comes to stunty the carnage is the fun for me!

Why don't you suggest Slaves by the way?

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
The teams I don't recommend to anyone (for a variety of different reasons), Snots, Cheaters, Slaves.

Slaves don't appeal to me, but I can see others enjoying them.

I love Snots, they are frustratingly fun.

Cheaters are great too. It is a race to eliminate the other team's players before you get your team all ejected.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:
The teams I don't recommend to anyone (for a variety of different reasons), Snots, Cheaters, Slaves.

Slaves don't appeal to me, but I can see others enjoying them.

I love Snots, they are frustratingly fun.

Cheaters are great too. It is a race to eliminate the other team's players before you get your team all ejected.

I must say I had a fun game or three with Cheaters. Slaves I haven't really tried.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I really dislike the mechavermin. They just don't feel right and blackle MB in 2 skills........it just ends up all about them. They're the race I tend not to play against in Stunty. Skryre as a theme though is cool.
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheaters are the best fun for me. What can be better than 2 guys stood at the back of the pitch raining bombs on their opponents and teammates alike? And some are on pogo sticks. and some have a ball and chain so heavy they can't decide which way to go. It encapsulates stunty - anything can and probably will happen.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2015 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it is only one game but the Strigs were great crazy fun.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3715808

Now, ideally I want three teams. I have Horrors which I like. And Strigs. But perhaps I need something different. I don't want two teams that just seem to play the same way. Variety is the spice of life. Perhaps some speed or stabbing? I dunno...

Give me some ideas!

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2015 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Why don't you suggest Slaves by the way?

harvestmouse wrote:
I really dislike the mechavermin. They just don't feel right and blackle MB in 2 skills........it just ends up all about them. They're the race I tend not to play against in Stunty. Skryre as a theme though is cool.

This. I've played against them a ton, and I even made a team and played them a bit. They're just not fun on either side of the LOS. It's all about the Mechs and whether they slaughter the other team or not. And the very concept of a Piling On Doomwheel is an affront to reason (even though I took it on mine as well...ARGH!)

The race I avoid like the plague are Cheaters. Broken roster IMO. Every time I play or spec them, they just annihilate their opposition. Too many tools for too little cost. Even with SW ejections they blow thru enemies faster than a ref can toss them in my experience. They can saw, block, blitz, BnC, bomb and foul all on T1. I've lost 6 players on the first turn to a Cheater squad. I truly despise that roster.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see that. I found Cheaters to be lethal in a small sample size.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2015 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Yeah their gimmick is speed and the best all round player in stunty. MA7 AG4 GA access player........he's phenomenal. What you have to do....which admittedly I failed is to balance the team around him.......it's all about him.

That's a big problem, as I see it. Yes, there are others teams which performance is based on several key players, but these players at least present in numbers (at least two), and usually they are protected by AV, ST, skills etc. In Eshins case it's just a single player with AV7. You will have zero problems to remove him from the pitch, and after that they will be left with 11+ mediocre stunty players, most of which have AV of 6, neither of which even have access to G or ST skill set. Basically, they are doomed.
Edit1:
They have a fluff of being a ninja-team, but it just doesn't supported enough by stats and skills.
Edit2:
It's a pity there is no option to add custom skills in fumbbl engine.. That team could be reinvented anew and assigned a very distinct flavor with addition of more fluff skills, like throwing shurikens (equivalence of Stab, but a ranged attack).
But at least you should have granted Leap to a couple of their players, that would back up their story.
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2015 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, skills like leap, jump up, possibly frenzy, and access to G or even ST skill sets on a selected positionals would at least give them some means to fight back on a low TV levels (and would increase their fluffiness). Not sure about high TV, though.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2015 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

And you got from playing one match did you? I think you need to Learn about Stunty where it is, what the objectives of the division are, and what team objectives are first.

It's true, I think they probably could do with a bit more tweaking, however it's been tweaked a fair bit already. You can't just go around making wholesale changes them hope for the best. Everything is in small doses.

This roster plays pretty fluffy, as they don't take fights head on. It's all about keeping moving. As for the Assassin, there's no way you could have 2 of them, he's the best ST2 player in the game by far, at low TV he isn't hard that hard to look after either. Your Nightrunners, that's a different kettle, they are hard. However they have been improved along with the stalkers.

The roster is very winny at low TV. I really am not good with this style roster and I went 7/1/4 and that was when the Stalkers were nigh on useless. Furthermore playing up in Stunty isn't always a disadvantage, so you can get some good handicaps. That said doing it often will take a toll on your players.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still super new to stunty so let's just state that up front. However, the roster does seem a little weak. I think the stalkers could use a bump like G access and/or av7
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2015 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

G access, no chance. I'd like to see them further bumped, but they're cheap and that's the whole roster. Your TV comes out very low, which makes them very competitive with teams below 1400TV.
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2015 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

There is also another way to increase fluffiness and competitive value, while not handing off direct access to valuable skill sets - granting them skills from sets that off-limits to them, even on doubles. That would be extraordinary and mutation skills. Such skill as Big Hand, Extra Arms, Prehensile Tail, may be even Tenctacles, Two Heads, Very Long Legs, Regeneration, Throw teammate (would allow them to do what nugrglings do, but to a limited extent, i.e., only one or two positionals would have Right Stuff, but most of the team would have TTM)

If after additon of these skills some of the players would become overpowered, they could be balanced out using such Extr-ry skills as Loner, No hands.

All these skills have potential to enhance the fluff (if you don't interpret them literally, of course). Like, being a ninja rise you situational awarness as if you had Two Heads, etc. And, at the same time, will make them sort of unique as very limited number of teams have access to mutations, and no one have "access" to extraordinary skills. Thats a better way then handing off this access to them mindlessly.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2015 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Eshin are fine as is. Play them 10-15 times before you judge them. I'm far from being a top player, and my record with Eshin is 27/5/7.

My team is also at a nice bloaty 1700TV where everybody wants a piece of them, so getting matches with them is as easy as it gets for me.