15 coaches online • Server time: 05:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse Illustrated Magazine wrote:

Team Profile

Vinnskor Storm

Coach: Kharon
Race: Wood Elf Slaves

Playing out of Vinnskor, sitting almost on the border to Kislev and the Troll Country, comes the Storm. The owner "Jarl" Rego, is an infamous slaver, who over the many years pillaging and taking slaves in Old World, lately has repeatedly taken detours to the forests of Bretonnia searching out his favoured BB players, the Wood Elves.

The Wood Elves' potential for Blood Bowl, is as we know, great, and they can beat anyone on the day. The key match for Storm however, will be their opening game. If head coach Kharon can get by relatively unscathed vs the Norsemen of Kul in that one, they have the potential for a high finish in a very fast an agile division.

Grudge Match:The Storm Wood Elves will be especially motivated to get one over their cousins - the Black Squid Dark Elves of Trassel Svart Akkar.

* might write more of these intros as team logo work progresses

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %01, %2015 - %23:%Oct; edited 3 times in total
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a nice idea.

DLE College 7s
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about anybody else but it seems very low scoring so far. Only 15 TDs in 10 matches and only twice has a team scored more than one.

DLE College 7s
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that counting us? Stormstad Slavegirls win 2-0 over the corpses of Náströnd and Nagash! Praise be to Nuffle and thanks to the spiked ball.
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
I don't know about anybody else but it seems very low scoring so far. Only 15 TDs in 10 matches and only twice has a team scored more than one.

pfffft the Antipodean Norse are doing far better!

Clearly the Southern Wastes are superior!

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

DustBunny wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:

Clearly!Razz
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
DustBunny wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:

Clearly!Razz

NSL < Antipodean Norse < Antipodean Halflings.

Let it be known!

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
arry

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Graennae Long-Tails 0 - 0 Midvinterblót Mayhem

Vampires chose to kick, and kicked the ball to the rat blitzer who has surprisingly caught the ball. Not wanting to give it away, he ran away here and there with it. Meanwhile two fighting crowds emerged on two sides of the field. Another rat blitzer caught a great hit from one of the vampires and was carried away with a smashed ankle. The mighty ogre tried to push a vampire in the crowd but couldn't do it. Then rats tried to get the ball in, but the Vampires have intercepted the attempt and got away with the ball, though rats did regain it quickly. At the last minute, the ogre has killed a thrall who closed the way for the catcher, but a failed pass has finished the half with zero score.

Next half the vampires pulled a lucky hit against the ogre right from the start. With their team almost intact they pushed steadily through, while rats managed to roll nothing but pushes (only once did a lowly lineman roll a POW on a one-die block and killed Ulrik - a nice trophy!). The situation looked bleak enough until a vampire fell down during a GFI, opening a way to the ball carrier. Rats got him down, and then a runner showed some great sneaking past the thralls to get the ball. Unfortunately he didn't get too far, and was brought down in the last turn. With the game decided, the rats tried to get some trophies, ending the game on a cheerful both down - both badly hurt.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse Illustrated wrote:

Team Profile

Ginnungagap Invaders

Coach: Shraaaag
Race: Unknown/Creatures of Chaos(?)

In the Norscan languages Ginnungagap, or similar, means the 'yawning void'. And it's a name locals sometimes use to describe the broken chaos portal that is known to be at the Northern pole. Doing this article on the Invaders, none of the Norse Illustrated staff succeeded in contacting any of the team's owners, but we have been lead to believe that they are currently under the administration of Chieftain Krig, a rat man who also plays on the team. How he came to be in this position is unknown.

The whole team is shrouded in mystery, and some rumours have it that they hail from the very edges of the chaos portal itself. More rumours say that the players are inscribed with warpstone infused runic tattoos that alter their bodies.

Mystery aside though, the Invaders fared well in their two opening matches against the Norse Dwarf and Nurgle, however ended up with two narrow 1-0 defeats. The team looks to us to have bigger potential however, and might be able to dodge past both the Chaos and the Khemri who they face later in their division.

Grudge Match: After failing to beat the Norse Dwarf, they will be looking to inflict a loss unto the Amazon slaves of Stormstad. It won't taste as good though.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

We won't be losing to any black holes, we've filled our loss quota for the season with a 2-0 defeat at the hands of the True Norsca Natives.

We expected the dwarves to be tough customers, especially with our only Guard blitzer out for the match, but were hoping for a draw at least -alas it wasn't to be since we failed to stop them from scoring in turn 8 and started the second half two players down. At least, no permanent injuries!

Kudos to UngratefulDead for being a good coach and sportsman, and flexible in scheduling!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse Illustrated wrote:

Team Profile

Trassel Svart Akkar

Coach: Stu-Stu
Race: Dark Elf Thralls

The Black Squids come from the boggy swamp island of Trassel, on the Sea of Claws coast. Chieftain Stugorja has been involved in the lucrative lumber trade, and is a man who, like many other Norscans, have his eyes set on foreign shores, and does trade with, and raiding of, other lands.

He's a shrewd merchant, who's understood that a Blood Bowl team would be a good way to enhance his trade. And after one of his raiding parties came back with Elves from the far away lands of Naggaroth, he saw that these creatures were made for the game. He acquired a licence from the NSL, put the Dark Elves through an intense training regime, and hired Stu-Stu to coach them.

The season opener didn't go all that well however. The goblins of Trollheim brought their anticipated tricks, and had also managed to pay off one of the match officials. The Squids ended up losing 1-2, and the goblins also claim to have burned one of Stugorja's long boats. They must soon do better if they want the chance of meeting their nemesis High Elves in the Western Coasts Final (should the High Elves not make it there themselves however, that will also be amusing).

Grudge Match: For now however, the dark elves have half an eye set on beating the forest elves from across the sea down in Bretonnia. But next up are the Norse.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

NSL Sea of Claws I will be over by next week at this rate!

DLE College 7s
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
NSL Sea of Claws I will be over by next week at this rate!

yay!

quick rounds please the gods

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Graennae Long-Tails 0 - 2 Trollheim Trixters

Second game for Long-Tails. The coach has issued an invitation for Fezglitch whom he's heard stories about. Nobody could confirm that the cloaked figure that sulked in the corner all game and then left with the money was indeed that famed star.

Goblins have made a quick job of the poorly-armored rats, leaving half the team on the ground or off the field in the first turns of the game. Varassikat fulfilled his dream of being a great ball player, by carrying the ball five feet into enemy's territory. That was his last dream as far as anybody can tell, as the goblin's Chainsaw has dismembered him in the second half.

Good game even if rats didn't stand a chance.

(I seem to recall the forum thread linked on the group page, but cannot find it anymore. Maybe somebody should put the link under Resources where somebody as blind as me could find it?)
radge

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Chieftain Torkel Trolljägare, owner of Trollheim Trixters, had the following announcement to make after the game:

- As you might be aware I was aiming to put an all Troll team on the pitch, but the stupid rules won't allow me, and I've been having to put up with these rancid Goblins ever since.

- The worst part is that they spend every moment not playing blood bowl either stealing my stuff or making even more Goblins. The Trolls can't eat nearly enough of them to keep the numbers down.

- I was really hoping to buy one of those nifty pogoers, but I can't now because of the silly rule that won't let us have more than 16 players in the squad.

- The game? Oh... Well I didn't actually watch much of the game. You see, the filthy Goblin bastards found my mead barrel before the game and were absolutely pished. They caused all sorts of mayhem on the pitch I heard, but I was too busy preventing the subs from causing as much mayhem in our box. Who won anyway?

- 2-0? Well I must say I'm still very disappointed that the rats didn't manage to kill any of the Goblins during the game; I mean they're really squishy.
 Jump to: