16 coaches online • Server time: 05:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Alimack

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied with the World's Edge Warchiefs (Orcs, hopefully not taken yet)
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we have a confirmation of allowed starting lineups for a drive - do you have to field all four versatile players if available, keeping excess dedicated players as reserves, or can you field five or more dedicated players in the same drive?
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure! I am planning on writing an updated and more clear rules page, but in the mean time questions like this are encouraged.

Say your kicking off turn one and you have 4[V] players and 6[K]. You can play any of 4[V] and 4[K], 3[V] and 5[K] or even 2[V] and 6[K]. In fact I recommend keeping your [V] players benched if you have the option because they can be subbed in on either offense or defense.

Keep this in mind when buying more positionals, as having 5 or more non lineman all on [K] or [O] does not mean one will be have to stay benched!
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Great, thanks. It's not something I'd really thought about as I was creating my team but, then again, skaven which I've gone for don't give you that many options in additional postitional players. I'm slightly jealous of Alimack's orcs now!

Looking forward to this league, I think it will make for some interesting dynamics.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome idea, applied.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Now were just waiting on one coach who expressed interest in being reserved a spot. If he changes his mind we'll need one more applicant. Looking to start up sometime next week.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Any update regarding the last player or starting date?
krytie

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested in this, probably would take delf. I'll keep an eye on this first season and see how it goes. Good Luck and have fun!

EDIT: I have applied to group with Ghrond Bay Hackers. If you have a drop out please consider me for the group. Otherwise please leave me in limbo as it puts the group link on my main page Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2015 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Won the cross division game 3-0. The match was a shame though because the dice were so ridiculously in my favour. Saw enough before he was diced out though to believe Bazakastine handles his Slann well, even dice would have been a close match.

Also injured one of his players out of the match which brings me on to what I see as a problem. Starting the next game one player (in this case versatile) down. I was thinking whether we should have a system of inducements that allow coaches to buy their cheapest merc/s available to start every game with 12. Seems a bit too much of a handicap to start one player less for the whole game at 8V8. Since you can't get journeymen for a 12th man.

DLE College 7s
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
Won the cross division game 3-0. The match was a shame though because the dice were so ridiculously in my favour. Saw enough before he was diced out though to believe Bazakastine handles his Slann well, even dice would have been a close match.

Also injured one of his players out of the match which brings me on to what I see as a problem. Starting the next game one player (in this case versatile) down. I was thinking whether we should have a system of inducements that allow coaches to buy their cheapest merc/s available to start every game with 12. Seems a bit too much of a handicap to start one player less for the whole game at 8V8. Since you can't get journeymen for a 12th man.

I've been thinking about this, and the solution seems to be adding inducement money for everyone. Because of how the client works, this brings up the issue of what the rule is for a team that doesn't need the extra player, and also does the team down a player need to buy the merc.? This makes sense but it's also another rule that has to be enforced manually.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think vampires should be able to buy any number of re-rolls, due to the team disintegrating quickly if they don't have re-rolls, the teams being small and vamps suffering from a few thralls getting bitten.
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

zhraia wrote:
I think vampires should be able to buy any number of re-rolls, due to the team disintegrating quickly if they don't have re-rolls, the teams being small and vamps suffering from a few thralls getting bitten.

I'd be willing to let a vampire team do that for a season and see how it goes.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

SirIndigo wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:

I've been thinking about this, and the solution seems to be adding inducement money for everyone. Because of how the client works, this brings up the issue of what the rule is for a team that doesn't need the extra player, and also does the team down a player need to buy the merc.? This makes sense but it's also another rule that has to be enforced manually.

Best thing then is to think about how to do it best and implement anything we come up with if we do from season 2.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

zhraia wrote:

I think it's fair to increase them. Don't know about unlimited cos I think they are quite a bit better than the other races that get them I feel. Might get a bit unbalanced But I think maybe 3 would be a good number.
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:

Best thing then is to think about how to do it best and implement anything we come up with if we do from season 2.

Yeah, I'm not changing any rules this season
 Jump to: