67 coaches online • Server time: 22:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest there is a lot of detail in the models and animations. The first time I saw a tentacles mino it made me make a chaos team, just to get one of my own.

Hell, if I make a skaven team, I'd probably get a thrower and a rat ogre because they look great, too. There's little reason to go there if you're not in it for the looks, or for easy opposition.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Their marketing team should send a survey out to all owners of BB1 who don't own BB2 and...

Nevermind, to presume they have a customer database at all is asking a lot.
mdd31

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

BB2 is a disappointment just as BB1 was a disappointment. The coaches are easy to beat so I guess that is something. In BB1 or BB2 I almost have to try to lose but in Fumbbl I usually get destroyed every game (probably because I play like I am on a console!). The graphics are super cool but the rules are all over the place and they have added a bunch of strange rules that seem to be randomly made up with no thought to how they impact the game. The number of playable races in BB2 is around 6 and half of the player skills are bugged with no signs of being fixed in the near future.

Fumbbl is gold, I will take great game play and real strategy over the dog & pony show fluff of BB2 for sure!
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That should answer your question Wink

Although they did say they based it on data they collected, someone then asked them why Orcs got a price increase, they didn't answer Laughing
Ah yes, "the data." We don't tell you what the data showed or why it justified the changes, just that it did. One of the more disappointing answers during the whole affair.

Hopefully we'll get some resolution when they post their rule changes.

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Yeah... I also found this gem:

Quote:
The truth is, there's isn't exactly a plan just yet. We definitely aren't going the same route as BB1, but we've all been focusing on finishing the game. Now we're focusing on further polishing the game and working with feedback analytics to improve the overall experience. Of course, if the community continue to support the game we'll work on, and release, more teams (and other content), but we haven't decided how we're going to do that just yet.

The two 'extra' teams that were pre-order bonuses + eventually will be DLC across each platform will be sold separately, and we'll probably keep that up, so you can buy the teams you want and ignore the ones you don't.

Really, all our thought and effort has been put into ensuring that the global BB2 experience is a good one.

So he is basically saying, if you guys give them money for a game that is missing 70% of the content, they'll make the rest of the game and sell it to you as a reward for supporting them?

Sounds legit! Count me in!
It's amusing and depressing to hear them cry poverty when they're the ones who decided it would make financial sense to A) build their own engine for this game and C) develop a release for both the PS4 and Xbox One.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

And since it hasn't been posted here yet. Here is every question and answer from the AMA on Wednesday.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
And since it hasn't been posted here yet. Here is https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/3nugd1/bloodbowl_ama_questions_and_answers Every question and answer from the AMA on Wednesday.

fixd
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
And since it hasn't been posted here yet. Here is every question and answer from the AMA on Wednesday.

Before I thought they didn't have a clue. After reading that, I'm enlightened. Now there is no doubt, they really don't have a clue.

BB1 to BB2 really is a new game to them like Resident Evil 1 - 2 or something.

I think they do not realise that the established community is a more powerful thing than they.
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do they focus on the "improve" and "unique" AI? I've seen a pair of games in twitch where the AI refused to score, even in one of them the AI ballcarrier (a gobbo don't ask me why a gobbo should pick up in the 1st turn instead the thrower) went directly in to a human blitzer Tz instead going to the other side of the pitch to reach support from the BoBs.
Every single time i read the Cyanide''s devs talking about their awesome AI and the reason why new teams are so expensive I start to laught
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like they will never have all the teams. The devs were pretty clear about he associated costs (I.e. Profit margin) and short of saying no, said no way in hell. Great news for us.

Agree with HM, they are truly clueless about BB, the dynamics of gameplay, what people really want, and the history and fluff.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Looks like they will never have all the teams. The devs were pretty clear about he associated costs (I.e. Profit margin) and short of saying no, said no way in hell. Great news for us.

Not necessarily.

Regular flings may not be big enough sellers but they could release a double pack of flings & more competitive pro flings using mostly the same models.

Though I wouldn't put it past them to release new flings only. Wink

Quote:

Agree with HM, they are truly clueless about BB, the dynamics of gameplay, what people really want, and the history and fluff.

They claim to read their forum so they should have some idea. Twisted Evil
Maybe it is just more cost effective to focus on newcomers.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

+1
BB should not be a computer game like theirs.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly wish that they would leave the board game approach to their game and do something else with the license.

I would have liked it if they went for something similar to what the Frozen Synapse did. And implemented as well of course. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I honestly wish that they would leave the board game approach to their game and do something else with the license.

I would have liked it if they went for something similar to what the Frozen Synapse did. And implemented as well of course. Wink
I know there are a lot of people out there who want another NFL blitz game. Doing something like that with the license could have been the big breakout they want.

Anyway, the sales numbers aren't great right now. Only 60k or so copies have been sold on PC. Christmas is coming up though, so we should expect a spike in sales for them, as you would for anyone.
WolfyDan

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
SquirrelDude wrote:

Before I thought they didn't have a clue. After reading that, I'm enlightened. Now there is no doubt, they really don't have a clue.

BB1 to BB2 really is a new game to them like Resident Evil 1 - 2 or something.

I think they do not realise that the established community is a more powerful thing than they.

Steamspy thinks there are 61,000 owners of Blood Bowl 2:
http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=blood+bowl+2

Steam page says there are 1,844 players in game right now (this will change depending on when you click the link):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/236690

And that's just PC players, there are PS4 and XBox players as well to add to that.

Comparatively at present FUMBBL has 23 games being played. In exactly what way is the established community more powerful?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
I know there are a lot of people out there who want another NFL blitz game. Doing something like that with the license could have been the big breakout they want.

Yeah seriously. Backbreaker with bloodbowl graphics would have been unbelievable.